New MCN December 8: Kawasaki Z1000SX vs Yamaha Fazer 1000

These Journalists from MCN have no idea!!!. Firstly, comparing a bike that hasn't being changed in 5yrs against Kawasaki's so-called latest & greatest?. Secondly, baised opinions as google-eyed journo's talk up the Kwaka but haven't lived with it day in year out. Build quality & depreciation, i can guarantee my 06 FZ1 with 20k would hold up better than the Z after a yr or 2. Kwakas resale values are ridiculous compared with Yamaha. I have done the better part of 50k on my previous 05 R1 & now 06 FZ1 with no reliability issues & general routine maintenance. I did 500km on my 07 ZX6r and the tranny sh*t itself = this seems to be a common thing with Kawasaki transmissions. Lastly, the Kwaka looks like a tart's handbag, plastic crap here & there, ugly exhausts & it weighs the same as a 1994 GSXR1100?.

These Journalists from MCN have no idea!!!. Firstly, comparing a bike that hasn't being changed in 5yrs against Kawasaki's so-called latest & greatest?. Secondly, baised opinions as google-eyed journo's talk up the Kwaka but haven't lived with it day in year out. Build quality & depreciation, i can guarantee my 06 FZ1 with 20k would hold up better than the Z after a yr or 2. Kwakas resale values are ridiculous compared with Yamaha. I have done the better part of 50k on my previous 05 R1 & now 06 FZ1 with no reliability issues & general routine maintenance. I did 500km on my 07 ZX6r and the tranny sh*t itself = this seems to be a common thing with Kawasaki transmissions. Lastly, the Kwaka looks like a tart's handbag, plastic crap here & there, ugly exhausts & it weighs the same as a 1994 GSXR1100?.

I don't think you said a single objective thing there... :D

^^^ +1 Agree, way too much bias against Kawis :bs:. I admire them for their ability to judge the pulse of the consumer. So many naked bikes from their stable now and great bikes too. ninja 250, ER-6N, versys, Z750, Z1000, Z1000SX, ZX-6R (won comparos all over), ZX-10R (S1000 competitor), ZX14, C14. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Let's not forget the best selling bike in North America:

images

Just remember to take any magazine or internet articles you read with a grain of salt, there is almost always some "influence" behind the articles pushing them one way or another. I like to read comparison articles for the entertainment value but only the individual knows what bike fits theirs needs in the end.

You need to remember that MCN is no better than a children's comic. I wouldn't believe a word that's written in there.
Any bike they test is always the best thing ever, they have to say this as if they don't the manufacturers will stop giving them freebie sunshine trips to test the bikes!

Correct, MCN are a bunch of muppets, with all the great riders in the UK retired from racing why aren't they doing the bike reviews & tests?.

Correct, MCN are a bunch of muppets, with all the great riders in the UK retired from racing why aren't they doing the bike reviews & tests?.

Hey I used to like the Muppets....:stirpot: The two old guys in the balcony were great, come to think of it this discussion reminds me a bit of them.:laugh2:

Back