New from North Dakota

Etroze

Hey guys i got an 08 FZ1 and as you can see im from North Dakota. We have long winters and short summers so plently of time to wrench on my bike. Im seeing if anyone has some bang for the buck insight on upgrades especialy the seat and power adders. Love the bike and ive had it for a month with about 1200 miles on the clock now. Found out riding from Detriot to Ohio for a few hours this last weekend that the seat ends up killing my back side after about 100 miles. Input would be great and im looking forward to particpating in descussions
thanx
Etroze

A new can (muffler) and a PCIII is what most performance people add first. It won't be cheap though. Expect to cough up $800-$1000 for those two ittle goodies. I hear you on the seat. I bought a Yahama gel seat thnking it would be much better but after having it a month or so, I think it's hard to tell the difference. I'm sure others will chime in about the seat but that's all I've got. Welcome to the herd.

Cheap power mods? Well there aren't any that are going to make a significant difference. As Lonerider said, slip-on exhaust with gutted header cat, PC III or V and modified airbox w/ performance filter. This will get you to about 140 RWHP with the right map. If you shop around or get lucky and find some used parts you can probably do all this for $500-600.

As for the seat, the Gen II FZ1 pushes you forward into the tank so I personally can't stand riding it for more than a couple of hours and I have a Sargent seat on mine. Come to think of it maybe that's why the made the gas tank smaller...so you would just have to take a break sooner :lol:

Last edited:
:welcome: and congrats on the bike!

I can understand the seat issue. I'm still considering the Top Saddlery myself, having had one on the FZ6. I've heard a lot of good things about Sargent as well.

Post often and ride safe!

I kinda figured that there weren't any real cheap mods out there and for the seat ive checked out both of the sugestions and both sound better then the stock seat or at least the egronomics seem better anyways. Thanx guys for the input keep it coming :D

Back