My Top Speed

My Top Speed is Determined by:

• The speed limit. I'm a laws person.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Not a risk taker: 10-15 MPH over the speed limit. .

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Comfort level. Over __ MPH I'm a little scared.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Chance of getting a ticket. Go as fast as I can get away with.

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • The bikes ability. Fearless!

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
A man with much wisdom! I like your style! :tup:

:rmwl:

Aw shucks...! :p

disney_237.gif

Im still searching for the right road for a wide open run.... Gonna verify speed with the gps. Until then..... Im staying in the twisties and watchin out for the deer.

Here in the UK, we just pop onto the motorway ( freeway ) and wind it on, with 15tooth front sprocket and both cats thrown in the bin it "flies" upto 180mph on the speedo @12000rpm, I know thats less than 160mph in real time, but it feels good, and the 15t accelerates so much faster than stock

Here in the UK, we just pop onto the motorway ( freeway ) and wind it on, with 15tooth front sprocket and both cats thrown in the bin it \"flies\" upto 180mph on the speedo @12000rpm, I know thats less than 160mph in real time, but it feels good, and the 15t accelerates so much faster than stock
NICE ONE FELLA!! my 06 will only hit 176 at the red line with 15 tooth on... awesome acceleration though ! 3yrs and i still love this bike!!!!

:sport12:

NICE ONE FELLA!! my 06 will only hit 176 at the red line with 15 tooth on... awesome acceleration though ! 3yrs and i still love this bike!!!!

:sport12:

That's good to know. Maybe I'll hold on to this one for more than a year. I haven't been too faithful to my bikes.

I know you said that on another forum JonDaddy, but the bike revs out in top which it doesn't as standard, so the extra revs SHOULD= more speed, not less? But like Stonesie says awsome acceleration especially in top gear roll ons. and I havn't noticed a drop in fuel consumption.

I know you said that on another forum JonDaddy, but the bike revs out in top which it doesn't as standard, so the extra revs SHOULD= more speed, not less? But like Stonesie says awsome acceleration especially in top gear roll ons. and I havn't noticed a drop in fuel consumption.

Not in all cases. A 16T has a higher top speed than a 17T, but a 15T will lower the top speed...it will get there quicker though.

So to summarize, nearly half the respondents and exactly twice the next closest choice said they'd go as fast as they believe they'd get away with. I only have one thing to say to those people: I like your style!:tup:

Back