My FZ1 On The Lobie Rollercoaster

ozzieboy

I Love riding my bike, and I love this road.:worship:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pZX4vJ3hcY]YouTube - FZ1 Twisty Rollercoaster Ride[/ame]

Nice vid, I lived in Adelaide most of my life and have ridden that road many times, probably 2-3 times a week for 20 yrs on everything from a KR250 to a GSXR1100 and even a IT 490 that was converted to motard well before it was cool. You need to ride it a lot to get to know it well and I can see from your lines you do ! Now when I get down to Adelaide a few times a year it is the first thing I do, go and ride that great piece of road. Although 25 years ago the surface was better and there were never any cops.

Nice vid, I lived in Adelaide most of my life and have ridden that road many times, probably 2-3 times a week for 20 yrs on everything from a KR250 to a GSXR1100 and even a IT 490 that was converted to motard well before it was cool. You need to ride it a lot to get to know it well and I can see from your lines you do ! Now when I get down to Adelaide a few times a year it is the first thing I do, go and ride that great piece of road. Although 25 years ago the surface was better and there were never any cops.

LMFAO...an IT490 Motard?....Freak a duck, that would've gone hard.

I've got a mate who had one with the Boyeson Racing reeds, and a wicked port and polish, and the thing would just casually throw the front wheel skyward at 160 kays. He used to race enduro races with it, and got quite respectable results.

Still not too many cops on the road. The little dirt car park after the really nice twisty bit out of Lenswood as you head back down the hill, the slightly straight-ish bits just before Lobie, and the bend in the middle of the 2 straight bits between Deviation Road, and Lenswood are the only places I've ever seen them. The straight bits in other words;). I don't mind taking easy on the straight bits...lol.

And yes the road is all but destroyed:frown: Rough as guts.

I love Lobie rd, its my favorite road in the hills. Coffee at the amber cafe down Lobie rd U turn at the bottom back up to Ashton. Hook a left onto Marble hill rd follow it to the bottom and do another U turn and back up to the corkscrew. Take a left down the corkscrew (I know it sux going down it) right at the bottom and up the gorge, right onto cuddly creek rd and back to lobie and the Amber cafe for another coffee.

:sinister:

makes for a great days riding only problem is lobie rd get a little too slippery with moss in winter but for the rest of the years that's were ill be.

Back