Most recent picture of your bike

My 06 ...R.I.P

FZrightside-1.jpg

My 08 most recent..

IMG_6601.jpg

Here are the latest pics of mine. Cleaning it before the winter prep. I threw in one with my wife's new Ninja as well, since they were both out there getting ready.

BTW, love the yellow wheels on the Graves bike.

Attachments

• Front Retro Close up.jpg
    Front Retro Close up.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 103
Here are the latest pics of mine. Cleaning it before the winter prep. I threw in one with my wife's new Ninja as well, since they were both out there getting ready.

BTW, love the yellow wheels on the Graves bike.

That is the first that I have seen of your Wife's Ninja. Tell her that is a sharp looking ride!! Your's of course looks great to.

Thanks Lee! Remember, she started on the 2005 and then moved up to the new 2009 leftover. I actually went to West Virginia to get it because the deal was about $1000 cheaper than I could find in PA.

Some dealers are just insane asking my wife for $4,900 OTD for a Ninja 250!

Either way, here's a pic of her 2005 next to her 2009 when we had them both prior to selling the 2005. Believe it or not, I was the one riding the 2005 while she was enjoying the brand new 2009!

The things we do for the people we love. I included one of the last rides of the year where I'm counseling her. I figured many of the riders on this forum have been in the same place teaching someone they cared so much about to ride, whether a wife, son, daughter, husband, etc. We've all been there I'm sure.

I know I said I would be getting the new Honda 250 but my wife and I started comparing the Honda and the Ninja and we both agreed that the Ninja is a better looking bike PLUS, the Ninja is a proven bike where the Honda is version 1.0. Both the same price...

I still have to button up my horn install but life got in the way as of late. Once done, I'll pull her for a photo. :D

I know I said I would be getting the new Honda 250 but my wife and I started comparing the Honda and the Ninja and we both agreed that the Ninja is a better looking bike PLUS, the Ninja is a proven bike where the Honda is version 1.0. Both the same price...

I still have to button up my horn install but life got in the way as of late. Once done, I'll pull her for a photo. :D

Makes sense to me. I personally feel Honda is building the ugliest bikes in the market right now, but I don't usually add that since it's such an individual thing.

Maybe with the red/white/blue color scheme, but not in solid red or black. There's just too much vertical plastic with nothing to break it up.

I feel the same way about the VFR - it's hideous, and let's not talk about overpriced. I don't even really like the direction the CBRs have gone in since the 2008 CBR1000RR. The Repsol versiion is the only one that isn't ugly, IMO.

The only thing the Honda has on the Kawi is Fuel Injection, and I think Kawi HAS to bring the FI model to the US next year.

Makes sense to me. I personally feel Honda is building the ugliest bikes in the market right now, but I don't usually add that since it's such an individual thing.

Maybe with the red/white/blue color scheme, but not in solid red or black. There's just too much vertical plastic with nothing to break it up.

I feel the same way about the VFR - it's hideous, and let's not talk about overpriced. I don't even really like the direction the CBRs have gone in since the 2008 CBR1000RR. The Repsol versiion is the only one that isn't ugly, IMO.

The only thing the Honda has on the Kawi is Fuel Injection, and I think Kawi HAS to bring the FI model to the US next year.

I also agree with the ugly Honda factors.

As far as the Ninja 250 goes, my only regret with my wife's 2009 Ninja 250 is the lack of FI. It's one of the main factors pushing me to push my wife toward an FZ6R, a Ninja 650, FZ8, etc. I started it up one last time in around freezing temps (can't remember if it was slightly above or below) and at full choke it could only muster 1000 RPMs for a time. I turned my focus to my FZ1 (hard for me not too :)) and when I looked back a minute or 2 later, the Ninja was idling at about 6000 RPMs. What a PITA! :rant: Kawasaki had better put the little Ninja on a NO carb diet for 2011, but somehow, I don't expect it. :(

OOPS... sorry for the :hi jack: the Ninja made me do it!

backontopic.jpg

Last edited:
2010 and newer are FI.

Glad you pointed this out Brad. I wonder why their site doesn't put you on the 2010 bikes? The default is the older one and the specs say carb. You have to select the 2010 header? Weird considering it's almost 2011!! And how come these are 2 yr warranty but the big 4 Japan bikes are all 1 year? Hmmm.....

Last edited:
Back