lowering handlebars fz1n??

Hi just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction . Im looking to lower my handlebars down and wondering which are the best clamps to use? ie do any clamps off other bikes work ?

Many thanks :)

A lot of people use the SV 650 risers, they bolt right in place of the OEM FZ1 risers. That seems to be the cheapest option, about $50 for a used set.
I went to a motorcycle parts store by my house and got really lucky with a custom set of risers that are on my bike now. They have about the same rise as the SV risers but have a really cool look to them.

Suburban Machine makes some nice bars that go in the stock clamps , and is 3/4" forward and 3/4" down for one bar, and even more for the other. They also fit the SV1000 naked bikes.

After riding a twisty road yesterday I kind of want to lower my bars also. Not totally sure yet, but at times I thought it would be nicer.

It looks like Suburban Machinery no longer makes the FZ1 bars.

I put a set of lower clamps on mine, they were about 3/4" high above the yoke, and clearance to the tank and fairing was close, very close! Were talking feeler gauges here.
They were uncomfy after about an hour, too Mich weight forward.

Cant find the pictures at the mo, I'll dig them out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I lowered my 2004 Fz1 with 2012 Fz8 risers from parts shark
#16 HOLDER, HANDLE LOWER MBL2 (3Y6-23442-00-P2) 1 $21.04 , 2 are needed
these are the lower part of the risers, the FZ1 stock uppers & screws will fit.

these risers are half the height of the stock FZ1.

also consider lower handle bar with less sweep back, they sell them on ebay under superbike bars.
But be prepared to get new bar ends and cut some plastic off the control switches on both sides.
I did all that together with the FZ8 risers, to me its a much better more aggressive riding position great for canyon carving.
this way the clearance between handle bar & tank is not an issue.

Last edited:
I ended up getting rid of my standard bars and converting to WRP fatbars which feel almost straight at 50mm sweep and 780mm wide.

Had to make some spacers though for under the risers (old Renthal offcuts) just to make it perfect for me. Feels weird at first, but I love it now. Miles more aggressive.
uhujegyt.jpg

Just found the photos for when I fitted the 3/4" risers and standard bars.
Like I said, it was tight!
u5a4a5y3.jpg

erevusuz.jpg

ve3uvaje.jpg

If you want the ability to adjust , I suggest ROX risers attached to low bar clamps. I used a set of bar clamps from my GasGas off-road bike to lower my bars before getting Convertibars. I also like THAR bars.

Back