Kangaroo Valley NSW

ozzieboy

I thougt I'd just pop up to NSW and defile some of their roads, and head home...lol. This is the same vid as in my Berrima trip thread. First look at Kangaroo Valley.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGc5Mh8L8u8]‪FZ1 Valley Of The Dinosaurs.avi‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Yet another great vid Oz! That is an awesome road. What tires are you running now?

They were my usual BT016's (well the pros now) and although they were a little sad after the 1400km run over on straight roads they still stuck like poo to a blanket after they warmed up (hence the first corner slide on cold tyres...lol). Almost got them round again after the next couple of days....only to destroy them on the return 1400km trip. Had a head wind the whole way, and as soon as I went into time saving mode, the extra speed caused the tyres to spin up slightly, and I peeled the rubber off like peeling a potato:spank2:. Had to slow down or I would've had to buy tyres 400km short of home...lol. And that's with 52 psi cold in them....lol.

Nice vid ozzieboy.....nice bit of road down there, shame about the tin tops!

Hey, what screen is that you have.....it looks good.

Thanks mate. Nice bit of the country round there. Way too much traffic for my likng...at least one or two do-gooders with phones in those cars...lol...so I only stayed for a few laps.

That screen is the Yamaha one. Looks wickid in my opinion, but does sweet F F. A. for the wind...lol...if anything it funnels into your head when you have your chin on the tank, so that at 240kays + (so a friend told me:innocent0002:) it smashes your helmet up and down, and makes it look like there are 8 roads piled on top of each other....lol....but I like the look of it so it stays:D.

Great vid Mikey! I'm envious of not only the corners you get to ride but the lack of police to allow you to take the most spirited runs! Gotta get there some day. :tup:

I'll be heading through the Valley on Friday. I try and stay away on weekends, too many cars, other riders and police for my liking. I have a nice two hour loop from my place in the Gong up Mac Pass down and through Kangaroo Valley, onto Berry and back to Wollongong via Kiama and Jamberoo, now if only the weather would clear up!

I'll be heading through the Valley on Friday. I try and stay away on weekends, too many cars, other riders and police for my liking. I have a nice two hour loop from my place in the Gong up Mac Pass down and through Kangaroo Valley, onto Berry and back to Wollongong via Kiama and Jamberoo, now if only the weather would clear up!

Sounds a lot like the loop I did on that really windy Tuesday a couple weeks back. Went down through Mac pass last though, and then headed straight back up to go back to Bowral where I was staying, and it went from light debris on the road to total carnage. Trees down all over the shop. I stopped to pull at least a dozen trees off the road myself, and saw scores more. Was like the set of Armageddon.

My only real mistake that day was going from Jamberoo Road to Jamberoo mountain road. No lanes marked, narrow with loads of debris on it. Very scenic, but not my cup of tea...lol.

Heading from Berry to Kiama along that coastal HWY was nice. A few nice corners you could actually see through, so it didn't matter if you know the roads. There is just a hint of it at the end of the vid...lol...couldn't show any more, as I smashed open the throttle as soon as I noticed it...lol.

I should probably put up a video of the windy day. That was truly something to behold. I was stopped at one of the many fallen trees waiting for a load of cars when one of those 100mph cross winds near blew me flat. Managed to catch the bike with the right hand side peg almost on the deck, and tore an eight cm tear in my right calf muscle doing it...lol. Man that hurt. Still....beats having my bike hit the deck.:D

Superb bit of video there ossieboy, you should take a holiday in the hill Country of Victoria, shedloads of great roads like those but without the Policepersons, traffic and DOUBLE WHITE LINES (nice bit of editing too mate :) ) on my Gen 1 I have to put Gladwrap over my Speedo in case I fall foul of the law and they want to have a look at my SD card.

Having Lived in Wollongong in the late 1970s I know those roads well but some were not even surfaced and the rest bore no resemblance to the ones you have now but still beautiful country, I had one memorable excursion into the foliage on my 900SS Ducati thanks to wet bark on the road (Live and learn)

Keep posting mate, I love sitting down in the dark room at night with a dram or three and re-living old memories on your bike (could we have a bit of "Bat out of Hell) just once?

Really great video, nice touch with the editing, you just wanna hope they dont know what speed you can do at 12,000 rpm..... in any gear.....

Nah. Cops are after easy money. Too hard to work out from a glance....move on is how I reckon it'd be.

Besides riding on the wrong side of the road --- what is PSI in Ozzie country? You can't be running 52?

Same as yours...lol...pound/square inch. I normally run 31.5/35, but with 52psi there is no flex, so no heat, so less wear. Let's face it...you don't need grip out on the Hay plains...lol. There's only about 5 slight bends in 800km, and no trees or intersections to speak of....and only saw about 10 other cars.

Hmmmm... looks like I am going to have to head over the boarder to NSW sometime soon, Kangaroo valley you say looks like fun. Have you got any tips on great roads or possible a fun circuit to play on? :shine:

I was up the Mac Pass on Sunday.............we went through the Nasho and got harrassed by the Feds.......i was chasing my mate on his RGV doing the usual double whites around the cars and a cop came round the corner...........we were all doing massive speed and on the wrong side of the road..........I was recording at the time so I had all this incriminating evidence (the camera was low down so you could see all the double whites we crossed). I shot off to Watamolla and put the camera in my jacket in case I got pulled. We all met up at Bald Hill without getting knicked.

Then over Mt Kiera, up Mac Pass to the Pie Shop, down Kangaroo Valley to the pub for lunch.

I often use the camera on the bike and was wondering what our position is if we get knicked. Can the feds confiscate the camera for evidence if it is on the bike or on my person?

cheers

I was up the Mac Pass on Sunday.............we went through the Nasho and got harrassed by the Feds.......i was chasing my mate on his RGV doing the usual double whites around the cars and a cop came round the corner...........we were all doing massive speed and on the wrong side of the road..........I was recording at the time so I had all this incriminating evidence (the camera was low down so you could see all the double whites we crossed). I shot off to Watamolla and put the camera in my jacket in case I got pulled. We all met up at Bald Hill without getting knicked.

Then over Mt Kiera, up Mac Pass to the Pie Shop, down Kangaroo Valley to the pub for lunch.

I often use the camera on the bike and was wondering what our position is if we get knicked. Can the feds confiscate the camera for evidence if it is on the bike or on my person?

cheers

I think you mean Highway Patrol. The Federal Police don't do traffic work.

They are always in the Nasho, especially on weekend, just go easy in the straight bits.

I think if I were you I would be taping up the speedo when using the camera, although that won't help with the passing on double lines.

I would say that they could use the camera as evidence against you, if they catch you doing something illegal.

Back