K&N filter fitment issue

ghetto_d

(this is a duplicate post, unsure of which topic to post it in):
New to forum, new to Fazers.
Upon finishing up the install of a K&N air filter into my gen. II FZ1, I couldn't get the airbox lid to sit completely closed/flat. Tried tightening it down with the screws, but it remained flexed a bit (toward front, on both sides). It's as if the filter is a bit too thick.
Has anyone experienced this? I tried searching for any prior mention within the forums, but came up with nothing.
I have a BMC in my R1, and have no fitment issues...

This is not the first time I've heard someone mention a problem with the K&N fitting correctly. Try the search feature at the top of the page for more info. I THINK I remember someone saying to not use the metal spacer that comes with it... but I'm not sure.

Heard a lot of people complain about this. I have a k&n for my 07 it came with a metal piece that goes on top and the screws though the middle part of the air box . A lot of guys use the bmc with no problem.

Alrighty then - that's what i figured. thanks for the input. I'm going to buy a BMC, and get rid of the K&N. The K&N came with the bike, uninstalled, so i'm not out more than the time I've spent. For the record, I would have bought the BMC in the first place; I've never been a K&N fan.

Back