Just got a 2013

Hey guys thanks for all ur input, I ended up getting a Morgan carb tune and tuning the bike at around 12-1300 miles, I upped the idle a little bit too to a tad over 1300, now she starts up well and purrs smooth - got about 2700 miles on the odo.

I changed out oil at 600 mi and then full synthetic at 1000 for break in, im thinking of next change at 4000? What do you think, coz I noticed my oil blackened pretty quickly after changing it but I've read other people noticing this too. My dads fjr was changed at similar intervals and his oil was noticeably more golden than mine.

Hey guys thanks for all ur input, I ended up getting a Morgan carb tune and tuning the bike at around 12-1300 miles, I upped the idle a little bit too to a tad over 1300, now she starts up well and purrs smooth - got about 2700 miles on the odo.

I changed out oil at 600 mi and then full synthetic at 1000 for break in, im thinking of next change at 4000? What do you think, coz I noticed my oil blackened pretty quickly after changing it but I've read other people noticing this too. My dads fjr was changed at similar intervals and his oil was noticeably more golden than mine.

Another early oil change during break-in can only help. Dirty oil is dirty oil.

Back