Ivan's ECU Flash

Once you get it done, you will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner! Everything that has been said in praise of it is true. Ivan is a great guy with excellent customer service too!

Just ordered a set of velocity stacks from Roth Industries:cheerleader:

Next step send my ECU to Ivan for a re-flash:woot:

The velocity stacks may cause an issue with Ivan's flash, did you ask him about it first ?

EDIT: I found a post from Ivan and he says that they work fine with his flash.

Last edited:
Hey IBcivc,
Glad to hear you're going for the flash and stacks. You are going to love the results. The only shame is that you won't be able to feel the before and after difference. They do work very well together and you won't be sorry. Ivan is a
great guy to work with, and those stacks are almost too nice to cover up!
Enjoy the ride! 45fz

Hey IBcivc,
Glad to hear you're going for the flash and stacks. You are going to love the results. The only shame is that you won't be able to feel the before and after difference. They do work very well together and you won't be sorry. Ivan is a
great guy to work with, and those stacks are almost too nice to cover up!
Enjoy the ride! 45fz

Thanks man :)
Btw, you need to update your avatar and shorten your list of bikes. I was told that your bumble bee has found a new home, close by... A good excuse to hop over the border and meet a new riding buddy:sport12:

The velocity stacks may cause an issue with Ivan's flash, did you ask him about it first ?

EDIT: I found a post from Ivan and he says that they work fine with his flash.

Second this: I checked with him prior to the flash as I have the stacks and he expressed no concerns..... and it works freakin' AWESOME!!!

Now listen IBcivic, I've got until Tuesday to keep using that avater, and then sadly I'll have say goodbye . Great to here you guys might be able to get together and take a ride or two. A bike reunion?:stunta]:

Just got the flash done and after a minor issue with my pcv it turned out amazing. Silky smooth, crazy power, couldn't be happier with the bike

It's been since October 6th, 2013 since I've been on my bike. Tomorrow *could* be the first ride of the season..... if I'm really brave anyway. I've forgotten how much fun Ivan's ECU is so I hope to get my memory back right away. ;)

Rode my bike to Hilltop in Leicester to have my bikes ECU re-mapped, would certainly recommend him, the bike is a totally different animal now.

I've gotten three commutes in... I won't be ham-fisted with it because two mornings were below freezing and we all know how stupid it is with cold tires that "ain't got no chance" of warming up in a commute. BUT... I just LOVE how responsive and predictable the bike behaves with Ivan's flash. He really hit the Grand Slam with this and it is still the best performance mod money I've spent.

I had the chance to take off the Arrow headers and seal all the joints with Ultra Copper so there's no more cold-pipe-rattles or exhaust leaks. I also discovered the O-ring for the exhaust tip was gone and that was loose/rattling, so I used to CF exhaust tape to create a gasket three layers thick and put it back together. Good and tight now!

If you have a PC III or V and mods already done, I cannot recommend this flash enough. You will NOT be disappointed.

Okay! I didn't want to start another new thread on the "flash" so I'm digging this one up after a little over 4 months. Rode over this morning early and had Ivan work his mojo on the FZ1. We scrapped the stock air filter for the K&N and plugged her into the computer. Presto, Change-O, a short time afterwards I was "flashed". He set the TPS and buttoned everything up and took it for a test spin. He came back a short time later and gave me the "thumbs up" which made me a happy camper. My thoughts after riding the bike since Mother's Day until now:

Absolutely, positively, completely different bike altogether!!
-No more throttle snatch, thank God!
-An absolute rocket running up through the gears.
-Runs consistently cooler when in traffic (A big plus in my book being I commute each day)
-Overall driveability is enhanced
-0 to 100.....just grab a handful of throttle and blink your eyes twice! Your there!

After leaving Ivan's shop I rode back to Yonkers, met up with two friends, and headed back out for a proper shakedown run. They were impressed at how the bike just pulls away when needed. I'm sure that once I junk those OEM Dunlops and get some new rubber next season it will feel even nicer. I have to say that I will never hit the limits of this bike in stock form or otherwise, but it's nice to know that I have a little extra oomph when I want or need it.

I'm extremely happy with the results and now can sit back and enjoy the ride! A big thanks to Ivan for allowing me in on short notice and TJ for being clean and careful with the bike. Always A-1 service when I bring my bike in which is why I'll always go back. So in a nutshell....2 Thumbs Up for Ivan's Flash.:Rockon:

Back