Is this Fun or what?

Yesterday I decided to get out and burn up some gas just for the heck of it. It was a sunny dry day and I didn't have any particular place in mind so I went for the best twisty roads where there is rarely any traffic. Just as I was leaving a town with a lot of tourist traffic I noticed in the distance another sport bike rider (mostly cruisers up here). I moved up on him/her (?) and after a bit when the rider saw me in his mirror he hit the gas. For the next 20-25 miles we were going through the 90's at anywhere between 70 and 80 and on the straights in-between we were hitting over 100. It seemed like I had a little more power than he did because I could quite easily move up on him when he hit it hard on a straight stretch but I never tried to pass because I did't want either of us to end up in the trees but we both had a blast pushing it pretty hard for a good fifteen minutes or so. When he finally stopped, he didn't pull over to chat, just turned and went north when I wanted to go south but it was the most fun I'd had with another rider in quite a while. Not a word was spoken but I'm sure he was smiling as much as I was. He was on a CBR1000 and whether or not he knew what I was on I don't know. In my not so humble opinion, that's riding at it's best.

That sounds like an absolute blast. My buddies on cruisers try and do that with me and its so much fun to ride at a pace where they are scared shitless and I am perfectly comfortable. hehehehe

Wouldn't have it any other way.Hate to say it but if I wanted to ride like i was on a cruiser i would be riding one.I need the adrenaline rush of a good spirited ride like that every once in a while if not more. Absolutely love it when you have a random run like that with some other nut on the road. Try to get a friend of mine on his concours going like that but he just cant keep up on the twisties try as he might. I would be glad to run with you like that anytime.

;) Shame on you! I ONLY EVER to 5 mph over! :innocent0002: :scared:

I've run into this a couple times and it was great fun! I did catch an R1 once and he apparently got tired of me or wanted to be alone because he REALLY gassed it and took some risks in the next set of corners and when I got around them, he was no where in sight. Never did catch up with him.

One other time, a guy on a Busa rode with me as I hit all the corners on the way to work. He followed me to Pease and motioned me over. He commented on my riding and gave me a ride card that had his "name" email addy and cell phone. Asked to hook up for more riding. :D

Glad you got that chance Lone! Thanks for bringing back some good memories!

Sweet! Had the same thing happen to me but with two chicks! One on a ninja 250 and this girl rode that bike into the ground! The other on an r6 who wasn't as confident but equally awesome. Love girls on crotch rockets!

Back