Insurance?

Utah06FZ1

I have been with Geico for years, I pay next to nothing for my 3 bikes, (Sportster 1200, TW200, FZR400) I was a little shocked at the quote to add my FZ1. Any recommends for insurance? Almost everyone else has been significantly cheaper so far in their quotes, So I am assuming they (GEICO) classify the FZ1 in the high risk category.

You can say that again! My 05' Honda Shadow cost me $319.00 dollars for full coverage here in NY. Then when I bought the FZ1 it shot up to $1,400 dollars a year!!! Needless to say I went for the Liability Ins. for $389.00 bucks. I couldn't believe it. I'm afraid to call up for the YZF as I can only imagine...........:eek5:

I must be out of touch, I have been paying $149.00 a year for my 3 bikes and my 2003 Harley 1200 sporty is full coverage with a $100.00 Deductible. Maybe they figure I can't ride all 3 at once and they rate the Harley as an over sized moped? I know they sure don't like the FZ1, It would bump it up another $350.00 a year. They must think it will be the only bike I'll drive from now on. Which is true... lol

Try Progressive, they are focused on bike insurance. I have 250/500/100 liability, Comprehensive w/ $500 deductible, $3,000 accessory coverage, and Road Side Assistance, all for $120/year. I get maximum discount because I have auto, homeowners and Umbrella insurance with them.

I go through Progressive myself. I have full coverage with a $500 deductible and it cost me $300 for the year. They even gave me a "discount" for being with them for 10 yrs and having another vehicle on the account.

Yea, I too have progressive and they don't seem to classify the FZ1 as a pure sport bike such as the R1, R6, etc. I actually pay more for insurance on my 97' YZF1000 with just liability than I do on the '06 FZ1 with comprehensive insurance and $3k accessory coverage (got it mainly for the Givi side cases). I'm at $359 for both bikes.

You guys are making us up here in Ontario really depressed. I'm paying $560 for just liability insurance and was happy to find it so cheap. In my pricing hunt I recieved quotes as high as $2000 just for liabilty. By the way I'm in my fiftys with no accidents or tickets. Insurance up here is priced crazy, and this year when I renew they are going to add taxes on top which will make it even higher. Sometimes I wish I had duel citizenship!

You guys are making us up here in Ontario really depressed. I'm paying $560 for just liability insurance and was happy to find it so cheap. In my pricing hunt I recieved quotes as high as $2000 just for liabilty. By the way I'm in my fiftys with no accidents or tickets. Insurance up here is priced crazy, and this year when I renew they are going to add taxes on top which will make it even higher. Sometimes I wish I had duel citizenship!

You need to improve your Neighborhood. Alberta has much easier rates to live with. Full coverage for under $600 on the FZ. Spotless record and not far off 50 years old. When I was in Manitoba the rates were not too bad but that was almost 20 years ago.

You need to improve your Neighborhood. Alberta has much easier rates to live with. Full coverage for under $600 on the FZ. Spotless record and not far off 50 years old. When I was in Manitoba the rates were not too bad but that was almost 20 years ago.

Not only would my insurance be cheaper, but I could go skiiing in the Rockys more often!

Back