If you are unsure if dynabeads work

They definitely do. The yzf I got has them in it no issues.
I ended up putting them in the rear of the zx14 I just changed tires on. 150+ mph and smooth as 60 mph.
I had read both ways a lot online but they do just what they say.

They definitely do. The yzf I got has them in it no issues.
I ended up putting them in the rear of the zx14 I just changed tires on. 150+ mph and smooth as 60 mph.
I had read both ways a lot online but they do just what they say.

I've been running Dynabeads in my last four bikes and love them. Never once had an issue. The only issue I ever had is if your running angled valve stems. I remedied that by installing them through the bead when the bead is broken, then re-inflating the tire.

I've been running Dynabeads in my last four bikes and love them. Never once had an issue. The only issue I ever had is if your running angled valve stems. I remedied that by installing them through the bead when the bead is broken, then re-inflating the tire.

Thanks. The guy that changes my tires (Joe) has his own shop now and uses Dynabeads now (used weights at the other shop) and I'm having right angle valve stems put on too. He already did it to my wife's (Jodie) Ninja 250R with Dynabeads and the right angled valve stems, so I guess he put them through the bead as you said. Jodie has had no problems with her Michelin Pilot Street Radials with Dynabeads and I don't expect any problems with the Michelin Pilot Power 3's with Dynabeads.

Sometimes just breaking the bead makes the job more simple. The only thing I make sure to do when your installing them that way is to have the valve stem up at the 12 o' clock position when your going to air up the tire again. This way they are out of the line of fire and not blown around with the possibility of getting wedged in between the bead and the rim.

I can feel the lack of balance at highway speeds. Lots of vibration, I'm using a PR3 on the rear so it's defiantly not the tire. And the shop that did it charges me $7 for them!

I put em in a set of PP3's no issues there.
Definitely no lack of balance.
Maybe they didn't put enough in, or possibly too much. :confused:

I put em in a set of PP3's no issues there.
Definitely no lack of balance.
Maybe they didn't put enough in, or possibly too much. :confused:

That was what I thought... the shop I went to sucks, and charges too much, so I dont go there anymore, but for $7 per wheel, ill personally take weights. I love the Idea of the beads, if they were less expensive and done properly, i'm sure i'd hop on board

A friend of mine really likes the beads for a couple reasons; he says they balance the wheels and that you can't see them on the wheels like you do weights.

That was what I thought... the shop I went to sucks, and charges too much, so I dont go there anymore, but for $7 per wheel, ill personally take weights. I love the Idea of the beads, if they were less expensive and done properly, i'm sure i'd hop on board

The cost of a set of beads for front and back is initially about $12 bucks cause it comes with the plastic canister. After that you only need the refills which are something like $5 or $8 dollars for the set. I feel the only way to screw it up where they don't balance is if they don't follow the instructions properly. I'm sure the Dealer used gobs of lube on the bead of the tire which is a no-no as you want the least bit of moisture possible to avoid "clumping" of the beads which can cause imbalance. I always wait until the end of the day, insert the beads, remove the valve stem, and leave it that way until the next day to "air out" any moisture. It's been my experience that aside from some techs, no one at a dealership treats your bike as if it's their own. That's why I'll only go to Ivan if I need work done on my bike.

I have 90degree valve stems as well. Did you try removing the rims off the bike to facilitate the installation of the dynabeads or did you leave the rims installed on the bike. I've never tried them but all these positive comments have me thinking about it. a Youtube video shows a guy installing them using a air compressor.

cheers

I have 90degree valve stems as well. Did you try removing the rims off the bike to facilitate the installation of the dynabeads or did you leave the rims installed on the bike. I've never tried them but all these positive comments have me thinking about it. a Youtube video shows a guy installing them using a air compressor.

cheers

Yep, the wheels were off the bike. I had them shod the tires and that was all. Once I got home I installed the beads through the bead and rim and then left it stand overnight. In the morning I aired them up and it was done. Bike is super stable at all speeds, at least up to 130mph. I didn't venture above that.

i've never used em but across all the forums i've read feedback on its usually a 80/20 of hate to love ratio on those, majority find they dont work while some find they do. no idea why. sometimes though, you can get lucky. last Q3 front i had mounted needed no weights, it was just actually dead center balanced without any weight

i've never used em but across all the forums i've read feedback on its usually a 80/20 of hate to love ratio on those, majority find they dont work while some find they do. no idea why. sometimes though, you can get lucky. last Q3 front i had mounted needed no weights, it was just actually dead center balanced without any weight

last Q3 I mounted was that way also.

I have beads in my wheels and it is smooth as buttahhhh. No vibrations or wobbles. The beads I got were installed because the shop did not have any weights to put on the rims :woot:

Back