I Know This Will Shock Some But...........

Don't worry Billy. Things always work out for good to people who are selfless, sincere and honest. Think of it as an opportunity to upgrade to something different when you are ready and atleast you won't keep thinking about the bike till then.

I tip my hat to you sir doing a selfless thing like that is a hard thing to do. In my eyes but I don't have kids yet. Please don't disappear completely

So sorry to hear this Billy. I know you've checked under every stone and this is what must be done. You'll have a bike again. Does Richie still have the Ninja 250? You could ride that in the meantime.

Billy:

Totally shocked to read this. Any chance you'll take her for one last ride out here prior to selling? I'm sure we can make it one to remember between myself, Dave, and the Wifey. Heck, I'll even get Evan to come along with his 250R.

Before the weather changes, try to get another EPIC ride in before you sell. It will keep you through the winter.

Good luck with what you're handling up there. You know my 07 is ready for you whenever you just want to ride, as long as you don't mind me tagging along on the R6 or Wifey's Ninja.

Just a thought...but how many members are on this forum? It would only take 150 members to donate $20 each to a PayPal Account for Billy to keep his bike and cover the $3k.

I'm in for $20 if anyone else is.

As you know Billy, I went without bikes from 2008 until 2010 after the track get-off, marriage, kids, etc... There's always another bike.

Good luck and shoot me an email if you want to set up that ride with Earlzach.

Brian

What can I say. You guys are simply the best! It chokes me up, what you guys have to say about me but I'm no hero. I am doing what any of you guys and gals would do for your children. Believe me that I have thought of every other avenue to take and it's been a while coming until it came down to this. While my bike is a tremendous part of my life, my son is everything to me. Believe me that he is begging me not to do this and I totally understand him, but it's something that must be done in order not to fall behind with his tuition. I am no way in arrears as of now but it's down to the wire and inevitable that I will fall behind starting next month. Please don't feel bad for me as I am okay with this decision.

Norm: No, his Ninja was sold many months ago when his mom found out about it, so that's not a possibility. It's okay though. If I sell the FZ1, that money is enough to pay his tuition for the next 7 months which is more than enough to help me get through this tough time. My tax checks will be here in just over 5 months, at which time I'd be able to pay the rest of the year off and still have enough for a killer ride!

It's just another chapter in my life which is how I see it. I'll still be here everyday posting, and hanging out with my pals. In the end it will all be worth it. Anyone with children knows how I feel. Your family, when it comes down to it, is all any of us have. Material things come and go but your family is with you forever. One day my son will understand why I do what I do, and hopefully these lessons will stay with him as he begins his own family. If things work out as I plan, his education will take him places and enable him to live without worrying where his next dollar is coming from, or have to live paycheck to paycheck, and if he does, he will be prepared to make the sacrifices to help his own children out without thinking of himself. Then, and only then, have I done my job as a parent. Thanks again to all that have posted here. I appreciate the sentiments!;)

Billy:

Totally shocked to read this. Any chance you'll take her for one last ride out here prior to selling? I'm sure we can make it one to remember between myself, Dave, and the Wifey. Heck, I'll even get Evan to come along with his 250R.

Before the weather changes, try to get another EPIC ride in before you sell. It will keep you through the winter.

Good luck with what you're handling up there. You know my 07 is ready for you whenever you just want to ride, as long as you don't mind me tagging along on the R6 or Wifey's Ninja.

Just a thought...but how many members are on this forum? It would only take 150 members to donate $20 each to a PayPal Account for Billy to keep his bike and cover the $3k.

I'm in for $20 if anyone else is.

As you know Billy, I went without bikes from 2008 until 2010 after the track get-off, marriage, kids, etc... There's always another bike.

Good luck and shoot me an email if you want to set up that ride with Earlzach.

Brian

Thanks Brian! for everything. But there is no way that I could ever accept money from anyone no matter how thoughtful it is. I would be selfish to accept money from people whom are in the same shape as me, and some may be worse off and we just don't know it. I'm okay with giving up my bike for a lousy 5 months. There is another bike right around the corner. I know pretty much what my tax returns will be and it will be substancial enough to get me out of the hole I'm in, trust me. No one appreciates the sentiments more than I do, but I can not accept gifts from my friends, please understand. Don't worry, I will try my best to get out to you for our Fall get together, one way or another. I am keeping all my equipment, thats ALL my equipment. Helmet, jacket, leather, new Favorite Leather!,.....everything, so I'll be ready to go at it again soon enough! Call me whenever you want at home and we'll talk! Thanks buddy!!!

Billy I'm sorry to hear that you will be forced to part with your pride and joy. As someone has already said maybe a Gen II will be on the cards when your finances improve.

sorry to hear you need to sell the bike so i want my turn signals back.......lol...jk...i hope we get to go for a ride before it goes.....us gen 1 owners hate to lose one.......

I could go $20.00. Richie is a good investment. Put me down for $30.00 I think the world of you guys.

Your up to $70.00 lol

No kidding though. I would get in on the drive for a friend.

ANd in 7 months if things dont work out the way you thought with Richies funds. I got another 20 then as well.

Fellows like us here at this site dont come around to often in our lives.
If you cant lean on us who do you have?

I could go $20.00. Richie is a good investment. Put me down for $30.00 I think the world of you guys.

Your up to $70.00 lol

No kidding though. I would get in on the drive for a friend.

ANd in 7 months if things dont work out the way you thought with Richies funds. I got another 20 then as well.

Fellows like us here at this site dont come around to often in our lives.
If you cant lean on us who do you have?

I appreciate it brother, but I really couldn't. There are more people out there that are needier than thou, believe that. Nothing can change the legacy we have between one another. This bike brought us together as life long friends and that will never change, bike or no bike! There is a reason that we have crossed paths as you can plainly see and thats what I hold dear. The bike was just a tool that brought us into each others lives. There will definitely be another bike, just wait and see. I can't be off two wheels for long!

I appreciate it brother, but I really couldn't. There are more people out there that are needier than thou, believe that. Nothing can change the legacy we have between one another. This bike brought us together as life long friends and that will never change, bike or no bike! There is a reason that we have crossed paths as you can plainly see and thats what I hold dear. The bike was just a tool that brought us into each others lives. There will definitely be another bike, just wait and see. I can't be off two wheels for long!

Great friend comes without question.
Maybe in your off time you take Brian up on his offer. We will get a ride in.
Or maybe Brian will let me play on the speed bike and you can ride the old man cruiser of mine around for the day. How ever you wont be off a bike at all if we can help it.

Great friend comes without question.
Or maybe Brian will let me play on the speed bike and you can ride the old man cruiser of mine around for the day. How ever you wont be off a bike at all if we can help it.

That sounds great and I'm seriously going to start planning that out. Fall is here and there's a ride awaiting us!

Dave, you can ride anything but my wife! :flash:

Billy, you know even if you want to just come down one day and ride you can always use my 07. It's not like you haven't ridden it before..on the track...passing people...while I watched and loved it!

If Billy gets the FZ1 and Dave gets the speed machine, what's left for me?? My wife's Ninja 250R?

Seriously Billy and Dave, we can get a ride in and Billy doesn't even have to ride down if he doesn't want to put them on the bike. I'll rally some people up and let's hit the route I planned for Billy's next trip out here.

Brian

Sell your car, keep the bike.

That is what I did, gets more than twice the mileage for my daily commuting, and is way more fun to ride.

Of course I live in San Diego where the coldest it gets is the upper 40's and I can pretty much ride it year round except for the 3 days it rains.

Good luck with the sale!

Sell your car, keep the bike.

Of course I live in San Diego where the coldest it gets is the upper 40's and I can pretty much ride it year round except for the 3 days it rains.

It's amazing how different climates breed different riders.

It rained 5 inches just yesterday during the day and riding in the rain is pretty much a given except for maybe 1 month of the year around here. Year-round riding is easily doable except for a few weeks during the winter and temperatures of 15F are normal to see during morning commutes.

I'm just glad I don't live in NY State where they have to suffer this:

snow-storm.jpg

Motorcycling must be really enjoyable when you can ride warm and dry all year long. :(

Last edited:
Back