I did it guys!! But now my 2001 fz1 won't start....need help!!

Yes I agree, there`s a good chance your battery needs to be recharged with all the times you were trying to start the bike

Thanks for the tip. I will give try to jump it with my car battery (turned off). If it charged will it die again later on....should I consider buying a new battery?

Thanks for the tip. I will give try to jump it with my car battery (turned off). If it charged will it die again later on....should I consider buying a new battery?

I went ahead and bought a new battery at $85.00 and just installed it. Now it start right up after the initial start up where I had to give it a little gas.

Good for you! Now you can go out and enjoy the ride without much worrying. Glad it was a simple issue.

Thanks YZFRiderNY. Just came back from a quick ride during slow traffic....was a little nervous, but very exhilarating at the same time....even-though a few cars passes me cuz I was too cautious. :) Soon I will dust them off....just need to get more practice and get my confident build up.

As you are a new rider I would suggest you only go out in daylight hours, you don't need the visibility problem of night riding while still mastering the basics. Two, if you have access to an AC outlet I would get a Battery Tender to keep your new battery topped up and in good condition. M/C batteries are small and don't like the repeated use of starting. As a new rider you probably still occasionally stall your engine putting added stress on the battery.

Last edited:
As you are a new rider I would suggest you only go out in daylight hours, you don't need the visibility problem of night riding while still mastering the basics. Two, if you have access to an AC outlet I would get a Battery Tender to keep your new battery topped up and in good condition. M/C batteries are small and don't like the repeated use of starting. As a new rider you probably still occasionally stall your engine putting added stress on the battery.

Good advice Evitzee I will keep that in mind. I just got two day light practice sessions in so far today.

Hi fisherman322. Thanks for the info. Just discovered my clutch lever is bent outward and making it hard to reach since I have medium hand. I need to replace it....tried to look for a video on youtube, but none for FZ1 specific. Was going to take it to the shop to get it replace, but not good enough to get there on my bike yet. :)

Short Brake Clutch Levers Yamaha 02 03 R1 99 04 R6 01 05 FZ1 Fazer Black | eBay
I have this set on Gen 1. I ordered from the same guy for four different bikes now and had no problems with any of them. Just an idea.

Thanks YZFRiderNY. Just came back from a quick ride during slow traffic....was a little nervous, but very exhilarating at the same time....even-though a few cars passes me cuz I was too cautious. :) Soon I will dust them off....just need to get more practice and get my confident build up.

Even as an experienced rider unless you are sitting prepared to launch from a light cars will sometimes pull away from you when the light changes. Most people don't have a clutch to worry about so they just hammer the throttle and go.
A Harvey Albertson will be able to outrun most cars in a straight line so don't worry about it.

Harvey Albertson? Actually, I meant car passed me on a straight away...not at the light. :) I'm not ready to tread the lane and get in front of the line at stop light yet. One thing I learned from MSF is to ride within my limitation.

Good advice Evitzee I will keep that in mind. I just got two day light practice sessions in so far today.

Hey Evitzee, I just picked up a Deltran Battery Tender Plus! for 64.99 + tax. Charging my brand new battery now. The guy at the shop told me new battery only comes %80 charged and I will need to charge it to %100 with a battery charger.

Back