How many more miles would you say these tires have

So I’ve always been one to change tires before they even hit the tread mark so I don’t ACTUALLY know how far they fan go but I played myself buying Christmas gifts this year so I have to wait until I have another $300 for another 190/55ZR17 road 6. I know thats a run on sentence btw. Anybody who runs these or anything similar let me know how many miles you think this bad boy has left before it turns me into a skin tone magic marker on the interstate.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
If we were talking tire edges, I'd agree with Killer. I'm not as optimistic for the tires center, 700 to the wear bars then another 200 of caution. Tire life is also dependent on road surface. What do you typically get before changing?

One good thing you've got going for you is ABS. On my Gen 1 my rear tire slides up to stop signs when I get to the wear bars. When it first happens I know I have less than 500 left. PR6 is a very nice tire.

Keep track and report back.

I keep a spreadsheet and log the date, start and end mileage for all the tires I've used for about 10 years. If those tires were on my FZ1, riding in the Ozarks, I'd expect about 400-500 miles, tops and be into the wear bar. My experience with all the Michelin's, once I get "into" the wear bar, I've got about 200 miles until cords start showing.

Bridgestone T30, T31 & T32's have been giving me about 5,000 miles to get into the wear bar if all my riding isn't on Arkansas chip-and-seal.

In my opinion the Bridgestone T series has improved over time. The original T28s always scalloped. I get into the 6K range with the T32s. Probably closer to 7K on the PR5s. Love the PRs it's just that a T32 set is cheaper than a single PR rear. Add in Bridgestone's twice a year Rebate of $50 per set and they become a compelling value.
Which reminds me I have to spend down that Rebate card.

Hopefully JMoto won't see this thread and ridicule my math with his 14K mile Shinkos.

If we were talking tire edges, I'd agree with Killer. I'm not as optimistic for the tires center, 700 to the wear bars then another 200 of caution. Tire life is also dependent on road surface. What do you typically get before changing?

One good thing you've got going for you is ABS. On my Gen 1 my rear tire slides up to stop signs when I get to the wear bars. When it first happens I know I have less than 500 left. PR6 is a very nice tire.

Been running roadsport 2 but the way I drive I end up having to swap them out with every oil change around 3,000 miles. Thats why I decided to go with the Road 6 set as recommended by my mechanic. In your experience what tire goes the longest on regular highway while ripping it every ride?

I'm probably a bad data point for comparison, your Gen 2 has more power, 190 wide vs 180, and I'm only using 80% of a Gen1s potential 20% of the time. For my use case as above the PR6 is a little longer lasting, but significantly more expensive.

I don't mount my own tires, so it's an additional $50 per set so changing out every 3000 miles would offset any savings from cheaper gumball tires. My next set of T32s is ready to be installed on my spare rims. Having spare rims saves down time.

If someone else was paying I would recommend PR6. I found a new set for $300 last year on CL. They were on CL for a month with no interest. Local racer bought them for rainy track day and decided not to use them. From a hooligan perspective I would give the nod to the T32 because of their steep profile. They transition side to side faster and easier than the flatter PR6.

I have not had a chance to use a PR6, but the PR5 got me right at 8,000 miles. I was impressed. But like Isleoman said, the Michelin's price difference is a deal-killer. That being said, if I knew I was going on a 6,000 mile road trip, I'd pay the extra amount just so I wouldn't have to buy a tire on the road.

I use Bridgestone S21s and S22s and get about 5500 miles out of front and rear, according to my notes. I wear the rears to the edge, but the last couple have been worn out in the center before the side wore out or gave up traction. The fronts never get quite to the edge. I ride hard when I get to the mountains, but it's an hour plus ride each way on the freeway to get there.
My local bike shop guys only sell Michelin, but I'm perfectly happy with the Bridgestones and I don't know that I would exchange the mileage of the T series tires for the grip of the S series.
(I am a little younger than my profile says. I lied when I signed up for the forum.)

I always changed my PR5s as soon as they hit the wear bar. In the Houston area, I was always looking for a bend in the road that I could call a "curve," so the wear was almost all on the center. I did push one tire "just one more ride" after the wear bar. It was a long ride... close to 400 miles, but the cord was showing when I got home. I would guess about 400 miles or so on that one before it hits the wear bar.

I keep a spreadsheet and log the date, start and end mileage for all the tires I've used for about 10 years. If those tires were on my FZ1, riding in the Ozarks, I'd expect about 400-500 miles, tops and be into the wear bar. My experience with all the Michelin's, once I get "into" the wear bar, I've got about 200 miles until cords start showing.

Bridgestone T30, T31 & T32's have been giving me about 5,000 miles to get into the wear bar if all my riding isn't on Arkansas chip-and-seal.

I do the same exact thing. I mostly commute and get over 10K for the fronts and 7-9k on the rears depending on the tire.

I have run Bridgestone BT23's and the T30's - then I ran a few Shinko Ravens which had good life for the price - but after having 2 of the fail early I am trying out the Michelin Sports for the first time on my most recent tire change.

So I’ve always been one to change tires before they even hit the tread mark so I don’t ACTUALLY know how far they fan go but I played myself buying Christmas gifts this year so I have to wait until I have another $300 for another 190/55ZR17 road 6. I know thats a run on sentence btw. Anybody who runs these or anything similar let me know how many miles you think this bad boy has left before it turns me into a skin tone magic marker on the interstate.
It looks like you have the Angel GT tires like me. I'll shoot you a picture of my tires for referance which have several 1000 miles on them. These are a dual compound tire harder in the middle and softer on the sides for grip. But yeah looks like you have several 1000 miles left on them

Attachments

• 17042128496298202845561833460321.jpg
    17042128496298202845561833460321.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 3

Tried to ride hard to work today (60 mile round trip) and the tire is TOAST. Started to rain otw home and back end was fishtailing alot along the way. Ended up having to replace with the one in the attached image. Guess they have the wear bars there for a reason after all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Back