Honest answers needed.

I would recomend bike shorts. Go go try a bontreager cycling bib, I like the bib better because there isnt a gap between your pants and your jacket. Also the best thing about them is the have a 30 day Unconditional comfort garantee. so if you dont like them you can return them. I ended up with the race lite version and love them.

I am intrestead in these satans pegs if anyone can poat a link up, I cant do a search on my phone and my computer is down atm.

ridd on,
Dan

Here's what I've found....I've owned 3 Gen 1 FZ1's, and a FJR. The most I've rode in a day was 750 miles on my FZ1. Yes my butt hurt, I've since bought a Alaskan Leather sheepskin (I've had it on 3 bikes) best money I've spent. I have had a Sargent seat, and a Corbin seat on FZ1's IMO neither were much, if any better than the stock one. I think I've got it right now...I have the sheepskin, and did a skiman mod on the stock seat...rode 330 miles last weekend on Saturday, my butt hurt a little (not bad), and went away after a while. My bike has Genmar risers, and the seat mod, and sheepskin, and that's all. I think I could ride 700+ miles now on it no problem.

With the stock seat only, about an hour into the ride, the pain was almost umbearable.

If I have to go any more than 3 or 400 miles,I'll be doing it on the BMW I have gone about 1300 miles in one day on that (won't do that again). It's made for that kind of riding and the seat is comfy for about the first 500 miles or so.
The Fz1 is simply not intended for that kind of riding,however I can see why we like to ride it like that because it's def not as fun on the twisties with the BMW as it is with the FZ1.I recently rode my beemer from here down through the blue ridge parkway and to deals gap.While I spanked the beemer good on the dragon I was still crying the whole time for not having the fuzzy one with me. Next year I'm gonna trailer the fuzzy one on the back of the BMW.

The longest I've gone in a day was about 8 hours and 300 miles (mostly twisty state roads). I was hurting by the end of it, but it wasn't uncomfortable until over halfway through.

I'm on the stock seat.

Honestly man LOL... I don't want to!

Its too expensive and If I like it... :(

If you were looking at the Corbin or Sargent front AND rear seats, it is not any more money at all. It is actually cheaper than the Corbin set right now. ;) TS custom seat is € 275,90 = 388.55 U.S. dollars plus what ever it costs you to ship back the originals (this is them lending you a base). Corbin is $259 for the rider and $189 for the pillion which is $488.00

Save yourself $100 and get the Top Saddlery! Your arse will love you for it. :D BTW, get the LONG option... trust me on this!

If you were looking at the Corbin or Sargent front AND rear seats, it is not any more money at all. It is actually cheaper than the Corbin set right now. ;) TS custom seat is € 275,90 = 388.55 U.S. dollars plus what ever it costs you to ship back the originals (this is them lending you a base). Corbin is $259 for the rider and $189 for the pillion which is $488.00

Save yourself $100 and get the Top Saddlery! Your arse will love you for it. :D BTW, get the LONG option... trust me on this!
the stock pillion does'nt bother my arse at all.HA HA HA!!!!

360 when I first got my bike, including a ride through the Mojave at night, man it was cold. Stock everything, I almost couldn't move next day, I really really hate that stock seat, the new shock does help but not enough.

I'm planning on buying a sheepskin seat cover to see if that makes it any better! Has anyone tried that yet?

Scotty, I sent my seat to John Moorhouse Ergo seats in QLD
http://john-moorhouse-ergo-seats.com
Do a search for him and you will see that he comes highly recommended.
He replaced the foam in my stock seat with a firmer foam and reshaped it for more comfort.
In 1000 klm the seat is broken in and your arse will thank you for it.
It only costs $150 and was the best money I spent on the bike.
It was around a 10 day turn around from when I sent it to him to receiving it back.

Last edited:
Back