Hi Flo Re-useable Oil Filter - Nice Option to K&N

LAZ

First off, I am a K&N fan. I have their air filters on everything I own and have used their oil filters (primarily for that little nut at the end that makes it easy to get the filter off). This winter while starting to customize one of my other bikes (Harley Rocker) I wanted to find a good looking oil filter option, but my problem was that I didn't want to just get a more expensive chrome option that I had to throw away everytime I used it. I found the HiFlo filter on eBay and did a bunch of research. It has great cooling, improved flow, looks good, and is re-useable. It obviously is going to cost more initially, but pays for itself over time. It is billet aluminum and the quality on this is very good (I got one for my FZ1, my Harley, and I will probably get one for my R1 track bike). I'm including photos of it on, so you have an idea what it looks like (you can find blacks ones as well but I found a smoking deal on this one and it happened to only be available in chrome).

filter1.jpg

filter2.jpg

Off of memory it seems like I found them on eBay for around $118, then did a bunch of searching and found them on a different site for a huge discount (something like $68 plus shipping - around $8 to Oregon). At that price I found, I thought this to be a "no brainer".

Custom Oil Filters - Reusable Oil Filters - Cleanable Oil Filters - Green Oil Filters

Check out the K&P Engineering website. Heaps of info on there. Im seriously considering getting one of these after reading this, especially considering the K&N filter I usually use costs near $20 a pop. I like to change my bikes oil every 3-4000kms, depending on how hard ive been riding and like the fact that you can inspect the debris caught up in filter to monitor general engine wear and/or anything out of the ordinary.

Custom Oil Filters - Reusable Oil Filters - Cleanable Oil Filters - Green Oil Filters

Check out the K&P Engineering website. Heaps of info on there. Im seriously considering getting one of these after reading this, especially considering the K&N filter I usually use costs near $20 a pop. I like to change my bikes oil every 3-4000kms, depending on how hard ive been riding and like the fact that you can inspect the debris caught up in filter to monitor general engine wear and/or anything out of the ordinary.

Yeah, those are the same reasons I switched over. I did a lot of reading on these types of filters and everything I saw was very good.

Back