help with fogging

cheapshots

so what do you guys(and gals)use for anti fog.I have tried a few items and no luck:tdown:crackin visor is ok but!!! not great. i know i am full of hot air but i don't think thats the only problem. thanks Ed

so what do you guys(and gals)use for anti fog.I have tried a few items and no luck:tdown:crackin visor is ok but!!! not great. i know i am full of hot air but i don't think thats the only problem. thanks Ed

I use Scotts. I picked up a bottle the last time I was in CycleGear and it seems to work fine although you do have to do repeated applications every 2 or 3 uses. I was pretty inexpensive as well.

What helmet do you have? Check to see if the manufacturer makes an anti fog shield for it. My Scorpion EXO-700 has an anti fog coating on the face shield that works quite well.

Scotts spray is good but I like the wipes better. I think they are easier and last longer.

Your absolutely right Ian. Good point. The thing with the spray is that while your applying it with a cloth, the cloth is also soaking it up. Ideally, your supposed to leave a film on the visor. I'm assuming thats the reason why with the spray you need to do it multiple times. Good job Ian. Definitely go with the wipes if you can.:tup:

Scorpion Helmet shields are pretty good. I have an Arai and a Scorpion helmet and the Scorpion shield seldom fogs where as with my Arai I have to raise my shield whenever I can get a chance to let the air flow.

I use Scorpion as well, but I have never used the little nose guard to see if it helps....w/o it though, I've had no problems riding in cold weather....course, I also have a Masque and a neck warmer to help stop the penetrating cold air....

my shark seems to stop fogging. Something to do with its design.

I also have a Shark - don't use the nose guard. Occasionally when it's cold, I can get a little fog, which obviously goes away if I crack it open a bit, but this is only when stopped. The fog is gone by the time I've put both feet on the pegs, so I haven't thought about a treatment... Sounds like the wipes would be good as a backup though - easy to transport??

I have the Scorpion EXO-1000 and have very little fog issues. For it to get any fog I have to be in the worst conditions for fogging.

<< still useing Rain X anti fog. I've got a Shoei RF1000. When it's cool out, like now, I've been useing both the noise gaurd and the chin cover. With out the noise gaurd, no problem. With it, it's warmer. But when I come to a stop and am sitting for a long red light. Just a slite fog that goes away as soon as I start moving.

I also have a Shark - don't use the nose guard. Occasionally when it's cold, I can get a little fog, which obviously goes away if I crack it open a bit, but this is only when stopped. The fog is gone by the time I've put both feet on the pegs, so I haven't thought about a treatment... Sounds like the wipes would be good as a backup though - easy to transport??

Does the nose guard get in the way? No problem here, but did have a problem with getting a shark to fit right. M was slightly too tight and the L is slightly too large. My pin head needs one right in the middle of L/M

I just bought some stuff the other day called "Fog Off". It definitely cuts the fog but the moisture from my breath still distorts the vision through the shield slightly. Then again, maybe I just have toxic breath.

Does the nose guard get in the way? No problem here, but did have a problem with getting a shark to fit right. M was slightly too tight and the L is slightly too large. My pin head needs one right in the middle of L/M

I just didn't like it there, and sometimes my schnoz touches, but it's not a big deal - I think I will put it on when I ride next in the cold and see if it makes much difference. But really, I don't seem to miss it!

I don't know about micro-sizing the helmet... I think I'd rather have it snug than loose though, unless it causes pain... if it did, I would think about removing the affected pads, taking the fabric off and scraping it a little bit, and then gluing the fabric back, but that would certainly void the warranty. I'd ask Shark directly about that.

Shark RSI is a 'long' helmet, oval-shaped, and tall. that's what fit's my noggin - it may be that another helmet has a better shape for your head. I would try to find that before modifying the padding.

yeah, I had the M rsi, and now the L rsi. Use the M for close to 10k miles, but it never loosened up enough. Thought about the pads, but removing even one made the M fit even worse. Bought the L and that fit's great, except that I need to cinch the chin strap just a little tighter, but it won't go any tighter.

Not really loose, but I get the notion that I want to crank that strap down another quarter inch, but can't get anything more as both binders are hitting. Never had a like problem with the Arai, my backup helmet, which is a M.

Still, like the shark better than the Arai overall. And the inside fogging is not a problem with the shark, unlike the Arai.

the scotts cloth works about the best of the stuff i have tried so far,but with getting a big 1 ride a month in between rain storms around here,i'm not sure i'm getting much of a chance to test the items everyone has posted,but thankx some day it will stop raining!!!BTW RF1000 W/ nose part in.I think there are alot of us waiting for spring if this thread is still going on.Ed

Hi All,

I used to use the Scott's cloth wipes, and they worked great, but for the last two years I've been using the Pinlock Anti-Fog lens on my Shoei RF1000. It's kind of expensive, but no fog at all in any kind of weather.

Sammy

Have you ever tried an Arai helmet? The free anti-fog sheet to be installed inside the shield works perfectly.

You know, the Arai helmets are a "little" more expensive than others. But when you ride wearing one of them, you immediately know where that extra money went, and you stop worrying about it was more expensive.

Lamps
teo

Back