Hello from Baghdad

Etroze

Hey guys I am deployed right now in Iraq and when I get home was thinking about turning the FZ into a true naked bike. Does anyone have a good line on a kit for this? I want to make the front end look as factory as possible(kinda got a thing for the wedge shape headlight). With that I was also wondering if there is a helmet out there that is a heck of a lot quieter then the rest out there. My Icon has seen better days and when you aren't tucked in it is quiet loud. Any help would be apperciated.
Thanks
Ernie

Hey Ernie, Someone will send you the link for the "street fighter" look. Just be ready to spend some dough! I'm just writing to remind you to be careful out there!, not that you need me to tell you that.

Thanks I'll keep my head down and yep I know it will be spendy but I think it will be worth it. Its come to the choice of buying a gentley used CB and turning it into a cafe racer or doing the conversion. One day I will do the cafe racer its just not in the cards right now, running out of garage space. Thanks again for the well wishes Ill be on here a lot listening to stories and watching peoples builds.

hey bro! im right next door to you... well more like south of ya. basra here. i have a 2009 fz1 i bought on leave. partsshark.com has the kit. not worth the cash imho. you could do like a acerbis light kit for 100 bucks.

Welcome gentlemen! I spent 06 and 07 there on beautiful Camp Liberty, pad 13 specifically. Right across from DeFluery DFAC.

We ran SECFOR missions for 89th MP.

The unit I retired from in June, 36 ID HHC, is down in Basara right now. The wanted me to go as the G5 SGM but, I really didn't feel like going again.

Be safe, have fun...if you can, and get back. That place is a hole.

What are you doing down in basra? If you can talk about it. If you come through Baghdad you should hit up the ATOC on BIAP

army aviation here man. we usually dont get up that way cause were too busy flying some 2 stars around cause they have nothing better to do. its cake though and i was here as a combat engineer my first tour in 05 ( infantry that got to blow stuff up) and this place has changed drastically over the years.

on the note i really wanted to do the naked kit myself its just hard to stomach that kinda dough and realize theres a CRAP ton of work involved with that kit. let alone i havent found an american person who has used that exact kit yet. remember we have 2 headlights where the kit drops it to 1. idk id rather get a acerbis streetfighter headlight for 100 bucks if im goin that route. plus it would add some character. just my 2 pennies.

^^^ That's the truth. I was an Infantry 1SG during the Surge, I didn't want to sit in a Corp level TOC doing Plans for a year this time so I popped smoke.

Stay sane and fight the boredom.

Blackdeath 7, OUT!

Back