Has anyone ever done this....?

As gently as I could, I dropped my bike yesterday. But the way that I did it was funny to think back about. I had the bike on the center stand with a towel underneath it on tile. As I was trying to get the bike off of the center stand, it kept sliding forward. Well like most people I put my right foot on the center stand foot pedal to leverage the bike down so it doesn't drop abruptly. Well since it kept sliding forward, I put my left foot in front of the center stand so when I pushed forward, the center stand would start to give. Well it sounded good in my head. I ended up tripping over my feet because the bike came down to fast and it took all of my 200 lbs of weight to lean back to keep the bike from hitting hard. It really sucked. It didn't cause any damage to the bike or tile but bent my brake pedal a little inward. Which actually feels a little bit better for my set up. So I need some frame sliders to keep that from happening again. Funny story though and I hoped to hear from others.

I've knocked both mine and my wife's bikes off the center stand but was able to catch them before they tipped over. It was not a good feeling at all!

My husband was trying to get his BMW off the center stand and when it pitched forward, it just barely bumped my back tire. He said he sat there thinking, "How fast can I get off the BMW to catch her FZ1?"
Not fast enough! I ended up having to replace my bars! :frown: He felt awful about it....as bad as I did when I knocked his brand new Arai off the seat once :doh2:
But you know, stuff like that happens!

I was trying to get my bike's center stand up onto a block of wood (4X4) in the garage and after getting one side (foot) onto the block lost my balance and had the bike fall toward the hood of my Mini. Well there was no way in hell that I was going to dent my car so I pulled a few muscles straining to keep the handlebar of the bike from hitting the hood. I pulled it (the stand) up onto the block, but felt that for days! :doh2:

I was backing mine out of the garage walking beside it, I forgot the kickstand was still down and its a pretty steep drop out of the garage. Hit the kickstand and it started tipping. I was still holding on but it went over. It was kinda like I was laying it down it went nice and slow. Fortunately it was in the grass and all it did was pack grass/dirt into the bar end. No bent or scratched anything.

How about having a conversation with your riding buddy after reaching our destination and forgetting to put down the side stand. Oops, over she goes and I tumble with it. Damage, a scuff on the side case, a swollen knee and a couple little nicks at the back of the helmet.

It happens to us all sooner or later.

Oh man that sounds rough. Yeah this was a first timer and everyone told me it was coming.

2006 FZ1 - PcIII, Two Brothers CF Slip On, Gutted Cat, Lars Airbox mod, BMC Air Filter, Fuel Line mod, AIS Block Off, o2 Sensor unplugged, EXUP Servo removed, Fender Eliminator

I had two Harleys parked next to my 68 E-type Jag. While looking behind me backing out of the garage on one bike, my mirror bumped the handlebar on the other bike causing it to fall against the Jag. The brake lever put a nice dent and scratch in the fender before it broke off.:frown::doh2:

I was riding behind my wife and I wanted to stop and get a quick picture in a state park. In my hurry to get off my FZ1 and take her picture (I was worried traffic might come around the corner at any moment), I forgot to put down the kickstand. By the time I realized it was going to stop via the kickstand, it was way too late for me to stop it. It was rather slow and the frame sliders stopped any damage except a slight scrape on the end of the left mirror. That's the first time I've ever done that and I've been riding since the mid '70's. :doh2:

One other time a year or 2 ago, I backed it out of the garage, sat on it, and it started to lean over to the right. For some crazy reason:wilynily:, I was unable to stop it. I laid it down easy on the frame slider in the grass. No harm, but I still have no clue what happened. :frown:

Been a few years but I'm also guilty of a few tip-overs. I'll spare myself the embarrassment of the details :)

Just last week I almost went over at a red light thanks to a spot of transmission fluid no bigger than quarter ! That stuff is slick !

couple of years (many) ago, I witnessed a rather funny incident. Was driving on my GS850 Suzuki behind a Honda Goldwing, when he stopped at the traffic light. I was thinking, man can he stand still without putting his feet down when he started to fall, but still not putting his foot down. It happened like in slowmotion, but before realizing it he was down and the bike on top his leg. I put my bike safe on the side of the road and helped him underneath the bike and put his bike back upright. When I asked what just happend he answered that his sidecar was removed just that morning and he simply forgot he did not ride on three wheels anymore. Good for him I was wearing a full face helmet so he could not see me trying to keep my laughter :)

Personally dropped my bike lightly in the garage, when stopped the bike with front brake but floor was slippery of melted ice water and front gave way. I just managed to keep the bike from falling into my wife's car

How embarrassing. That must have been the worst feeling with him getting to that point of no return and realizing his sidecar wasn't there.

2006 FZ1 - PcIII, Two Brothers CF Slip On, Gutted Cat, Lars Airbox mod, BMC Air Filter, Fuel Line mod, AIS Block Off, o2 Sensor unplugged, EXUP Servo removed, Fender Eliminator

Been there, done that. Unfortunately I went down so fast there was nothing to do. It was almost at zero mph but I cringed until I picked her up and saw no damage....
Been a few years but I'm also guilty of a few tip-overs. I'll spare myself the embarrassment of the details :)

Just last week I almost went over at a red light thanks to a spot of transmission fluid no bigger than quarter ! That stuff is slick !

That's why the first thing you do when you get a new bike is kick it over, so you don't ever have to worry about that "first ding" thing:evillaugh:

Back in the 90's I had an immaculate 1100 Katana. Went on a group ride with about 20 bikes. Stopped at a well known biker friendly pub for lunch. Must of been 50 bikes there already with most patrons on the verandahs and beer garden. We all pulled up to park. I was about half way in the pack. In my haste to get off, did the whole forget the stand thing. Man, the roar from the crowd was so embarrassing. Cheers, claps, and sarcastic comment flew at me left right and centre. I felt about 2 inches big. For the next hour or so, I copped shit from all quarters. One thing came out of it, I have not and will not forget to put my stand down :)

I grew up in a college town and in the 70's the bars would serve anybody. I was about 18, after a couple of stops for refreshment, I stopped at a light and literally forgot to put my feet down.:nerd:

Back