Handlebars stuff

dodger06

Ok, so I searched the forum and can't quite find what I'm looking for. I'm looking at replacing the handlebars on my bike. I currently have a GYTR Low riser with GenII bars on a GenI. I'm looking for a little bit taller than what I currently have.

Does anybody have any measurements of the stock GenI bars? I've looked online but can't find any info on the rise and pullback of the stock ones.

Also, anyone have any experience with the Renthal Street Low bars?
Renthal Street Handlebars

Anyone else have any other recommendations? I'm not looking for a huge rise, just a little bit above the GenII stock bars, maybe 1 to 1.5 inches taller.

Ok, so I searched the forum and can't quite find what I'm looking for. I'm looking at replacing the handlebars on my bike. I currently have a GYTR Low riser with GenII bars on a GenI. I'm looking for a little bit taller than what I currently have.

Does anybody have any measurements of the stock GenI bars? I've looked online but can't find any info on the rise and pullback of the stock ones.

Also, anyone have any experience with the Renthal Street Low bars?
Renthal Street Handlebars

Anyone else have any other recommendations? I'm not looking for a huge rise, just a little bit above the GenII stock bars, maybe 1 to 1.5 inches taller.

In that case you may as well go with a set of GenI stock bars.

In that case you may as well go with a set of GenI stock bars.

You can go with what Billy suggested, the Gen I stock bars. Those have about the rise and sweep you are looking for. Or, you can try the SWMotech bar backs which will lift 1" and set back 1" TwistedThrottle.com : Handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - LEH.00.039.152

I've considered both of those options. I guess one thing I'm worried about is the price difference. I guess I'm looking at Renthal bars being about $65, and the GenI bars and the bar backs being about $100 (buying the bars from the local dealer).

Also, not that the bar backs are a bad idea, it's just not what I'm looking for as far as looks go.

I guess a more appropriately worded question would be do the Renthal bars roughly match the stock one as far as measurements? And also, are there other options for bars similar to stock around the same price? I just can't seem to find measurements for the stock bars anywhere.

I've considered both of those options. I guess one thing I'm worried about is the price difference. I guess I'm looking at Renthal bars being about $65, and the GenI bars and the bar backs being about $100 (buying the bars from the local dealer).

Also, not that the bar backs are a bad idea, it's just not what I'm looking for as far as looks go.

I guess a more appropriately worded question would be do the Renthal bars roughly match the stock one as far as measurements? And also, are there other options for bars similar to stock around the same price? I just can't seem to find measurements for the stock bars anywhere.

Why waste your time at the dealer? Not to mention, pay four times the price! You can find stock GenI bars on Ebay and also the forums for sale. I have seen them at 25 bucks plus shipping. Just search the classifieds and Ebay. You'll be amazed at the sales you will find.

Alright, I've been looking into the Gen I stock bars and noticed something that some people complain about. They say that the Gen I bars have more sweep than the Gen II, and that people go aftermarket or Gen II bars to avoid this problem.

Does anyone know what the stock sweep is for Gen I bars? I'd like to compare that with my current setup and the aftermarket stuff before I buy anything. I guess I just don't want to buy some bars, get the holes drilled and everything, then realize I don't like how they feel.

Alright, I've been looking into the Gen I stock bars and noticed something that some people complain about. They say that the Gen I bars have more sweep than the Gen II, and that people go aftermarket or Gen II bars to avoid this problem.

Does anyone know what the stock sweep is for Gen I bars? I'd like to compare that with my current setup and the aftermarket stuff before I buy anything. I guess I just don't want to buy some bars, get the holes drilled and everything, then realize I don't like how they feel.

You can check out PartShark.com --- Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Apparel, & Merchandise. I looked the other day and found the stock bars brand new for fifty something dollars. It looks like I'm going to pick up one maybe this week.

Well, I decided to go with the Renthal Road Ultra Low bars. They sit really close to stock height (about .05" lower), are about 2 inches wider, and have a sweep of 3.7" compared to the stocks supposed 6.5". I decided to go with this as I would like a little less sweep, and I like the idea of the Aluminum to absorb some vibration. They were also the same price as the stock ones.

However, I just got an e-mail today that they are on backorder, and sold out in all the warehouses at BikeBandit.com. Looks like I may have to wait a while to try em out (but don't worry, they can send the grips right away, lol).

Guess I have a bit more time to figure out bar ends and (maybe) levers now.

Back