Handlebar risers questions

mine

I bought the 1" up/1" back. I did not need to change out any cables or lines but it was tight. I think I angled everything down a hair more than it was just to get a little slack. Torque specs were provided in the instructions so I might still have that. I can't remember if it suggested thread locker or not. I'll look when I get home.

kpritter- yes do you have pics

also what is your height? I am six foot and right now with my zero gravity touring windscreen it hits me in the mouth i do not mind it i have no head bobbles in the wind. I do not want the wind to hit me in the throat and bounce my head everywhere.

Thanks for the help guys

Sorry I took so long!

Sorry I flaked out on this thread. I took some pics of the 1"up/1"back risers. I bought them from Twisted Throttle but I must have tossed the instructions. I don't remember the torque spec. I was a little disappointed I could not use the top piece from the FZ1. It was just a little different width between the bolt holes so I had to use the plain ones that came with them. As you can see they are also not as wide as the stock riser base. The color is also slightly lighter than stock but not drastic.

DSCF0656.jpg

DSCF0654.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

Last edited:
This maybe answered already but I am going to ask anyways.

I am looking at the handlebar risers on ebay, the 1in up, and the 1in up and 1.25in back.
Just going to bullet the questions

-torque specs and use of thread locker

-enough slack in cables or do new cables need to be bought

Thanks

Just installed the 1" risers from ebay.

No problems with cables/ brake lines ( I did cut 1 zip tie on the brake line just below the master-cylinder )

Torque spec 17 ft lbs
THE FRONT 2 BOLTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TORQUED FIRST !!
THEN THE 2 REAR BOLTS ( CLOSER TO GAS TANK )
AFTER TORQUING THE CLAMP WILL HAVE A SMALL GAP ON THE SIDE FACING THE GAS TANK. THAT IS NORMAL !!!!

THE ABOVE TORQUE SPEC AND PATTERN IS DIRECT FROM THE SERVICE MANUAL.

I installed the 1inch up 1inch back riser.
I found it easier to route the accelerator lines behind the triple clamp.
You may need to change the slack of the cable to the proper setting.

I installed the 1inch up 1inch back riser.
I found it easier to route the accelerator lines behind the triple clamp.
You may need to change the slack of the cable to the proper setting.

The stock cables worked with those risers, or did you have to replace cables?

Do you think this mod helped any with regard to vibrations in the handlebars?

I can't really see it helping with the vibrations since it's still a solid mount that you're installing.

Things that you may find effective at reducing vibrations are heavier bar ends or one of the Bar Snake products.

Last edited:
Back