GenI purchase,is this good price? Great condition

It was coming with 30 day warranty. On top of the price dealer wanted to add $199 dealer fee, $399 finance fee and something else, so it was waaaay off.

Im looking at this one that Matin had link for 2003 Yamaha FZ1 at 37k miles what can I expect to go wrong with it? Also isn't the handlebar weird?

It was coming with 30 day warranty. On top of the price dealer wanted to add $199 dealer fee, $399 finance fee and something else, so it was waaaay off.

Im looking at this one that Matin had link for 2003 Yamaha FZ1 at 37k miles what can I expect to go wrong with it? Also isn't the handlebar weird?

The handlebars look like normal GenI bars to me. At 37K you are just about breaking these bikes in. For some reason there is a misconception between mileage and when bikes are on their last leg. These GenI bikes, with proper routine maintenance, will easily last over 100K miles with no problems. The main thing with bikes of this mileage, is to try and get maintenance records from the seller, especially valve adjustment records. The bike looks super clean and even has the very expensive full fairings. If you wanted to offset the cost, you could easily sell them on the forum for some good dough. They are over $700 bucks if you can find them new so thats a thought. Oh, and it's silver, just like you want!!!

Hi guys found a interesting fz1 $1800 with dent in the tank FZ1 2002 Im guessing it has at least 25k miles since it says it had valves checked. The only thing that I would like to have done is definitely new tires but also how hard is it to get a nice gas tank? brand new ones are like 800$ :(

EDIT:
The bike has 60k miles

Last edited:
I bet you could talk him down because of the gas tank and tire issue. If he has service records and the bike was maintained properly, it could be quite a good deal. Check the other "maintenance" items like brake pads, chain/sprockets, fork seals etc if you look at it. If the bike was maintained properly I wouldn't worry about the mileage.

For reference my 02 FZ1 has almost 82,000 miles on it and runs great, mine has been properly maintained its whole life. I take it to track days and ride the piss out of it and it still runs great :D .

If the bike was maintained properly use the gas tank and tire issue to talk him down and go for it.

Last edited:
ok guys tomorrow might be the day. I'm checking this baby out 2001 Yamaha FZ1 -- 1000 cc I wanted all silver but this blue grow on me. The only thing I think dont quite like is the back blinkers are integrated and the tires look close to be done (maybe its just the picture). Is there anything particual I should take a look at when buying? The odo shows 8200 miles so its really low shoudnt have much problems....

ok guys tomorrow might be the day. I'm checking this baby out 2001 Yamaha FZ1 -- 1000 cc I wanted all silver but this blue grow on me. The only thing I think dont quite like is the back blinkers are integrated and the tires look close to be done (maybe its just the picture). Is there anything particual I should take a look at when buying? The odo shows 8200 miles so its really low shoudnt have much problems....

good luck! 2600 will buy you that bike tomorrow, Im few min from Largo LMK if you like go for a ride .

weatherinpinellasparkac.png

Last edited:

Looks like a winner! And a good price! Just buy it! Give the man the money - and it's yours!! That is so low priced that it is almost a crime to quibble over price. And personally, I love the silver motors!

Last edited:

I hope you get it! I have that same Yosh Exhaust on mine and it sounds great.

GOT IT!! it's very nice in person, clean, only thing I will probably get new tires and the back blinkers are broken no bigy. Yoshi sounds deep, had heavy rains on the way home (orlando area)

Back