gen 2 mirrors

guyz1970

Guys im not over keen on the chrome mirrors on my 2007 blu fz1n , what mirrors do you guys use? is visibility better ect? any pics would be great.. thanks in advance.

I'm running eBay bar end mirrors they were 40 bucks and surprisingly good quality for the money. They work good for me because the sholders don't get in the way of the mirros. It gives the bike a clean look in my opinion. You will probably have to buy mirror block of plates if you go this route though because mine is the n model.

There's another thread on the forum about using Kawasaki mirrors. I'm not the original author but DEFINITELY benefitted. Do a search for "ZX6R Mirror Mod" to find it, see some pics, and get the low-down. And post some pics when you make your final choice!

There's another thread on the forum about using Kawasaki mirrors. I'm not the original author but DEFINITELY benefitted. Do a search for "ZX6R Mirror Mod" to find it, see some pics, and get the low-down. And post some pics when you make your final choice!

He has the "N" model so fairing mounted mirrors wont work for him.

I took the stock black mirrors off my FZ1 and went with bar-end mirrors (Cheapo's from Ebay). Visibility is much improved and I really like the look. Eventually, I'll probably order higher end mirrors, but for $10 shipped I figured I didn't have much to lose, especially since I wasn't sure if I'd like the set-up.

You definitely have to do something about the (former) mirror mounting holes. I fabricated a couple of block-off plates that look great while I waited for a "nice" set from a vendor recommended by another member. My results with the vendor have been less than stellar.

Bar end mirrors definitely provide a better unobstructed view. I removed mine after about a year...and a couple of close calls due to having to take my eyes off the road to use them. They looked way better but they weren't as safe. That in mind, I have some block-off plates that I may as well sell.

:+2: on the bar end mirrors I like my CRG Arrows a little pricey but they give you a good unobstructed view.

rizoma%2520010.JPG

Well, I have run rizoma retro style and round bar end mirrors for many miles and I have realized they are just a PITA while commuting and they require you to take your sight off the road. Call me lazy but they are just inconvenient in traffic while commuting. Plus I can easily put blindspot mirrors on the regular mirrors and never ever need to turn my head to watch my blindspot (atleast 90% of the time).

If you are a leisure rider that only does fast riding on the weekends bar enders are fine as you hardly use them. They are a PITA even while touring. So there it is to that ....

Our beloved Copperdog is also against them and himself swears by the stock fairing mounted mirrors on his bike even with his CD screen.

Want this mirror so bad for my FZ1N. Expensive, though. Maybe this winter. I currently have a knockoff of the Rizoma Tomok. Small, but surprisingly effective if you adjust them well. Not nearly as good as stock for visibility, but work. I hardly ever ride on freeways, so I have mine set up for 2 lane roads and they are adequate for my riding. Those 851's are sweet looking, though.

Tried a few different setups, The freeways here in Utah will eat you alive if you are not on top of things. Had a biker die running into a mattress on the road just last week. I don't like having to hunt and peck for rear visibility it takes away from keeping my eyes on whats ahead of me. The oem mirrors work the best for me and seem to be the way to go if you want the very best visibility. Those Rizoma's look like a good option as well, Money should not be a concern if you are talking safety in my opinion, Not a big fan of bar mounts either but whatever floats your boat.

Tried a few different setups, The freeways here in Utah will eat you alive if you are not on top of things. Had a biker die running into a mattress on the road just last week. I don't like having to hunt and peck for rear visibility it takes away from keeping my eyes on whats ahead of me. The oem mirrors work the best for me and seem to be the way to go if you want the very best visibility. Those Rizoma's look like a good option as well, Money should not be a concern if you are talking safety in my opinion, Not a big fan of bar mounts either but whatever floats your boat.

Ditto! As with people wanting barend mirrors, do it at your own peril ... I hated them when I had to make 5x extra effort to see traffic around me. They not only require you to take your sight off the road but also the area of visibility is small.

Back