Gaspe

I just completed my first long ride on my fz1.
I left Nova scotia last wednsday and hopped on the highway and drove through new brunswick and than got on the 132 west up to matane and stayed the night, the next day i stayed on the 132 and went east and went around the loop and back into cambellton and stayed the night, the next day was the backroads of new brunswick and today was the backroads of nova scotia.

It was a very nice trip lots of nice views up in gaspe and a couple twisty sections, i ended up doing 2200 kms in 3 and a half days proving that the fz1 makes a good sport tourer.

some pics

I completed a 7 day 4,600kms Montreal-Maritimes ride a few weeks back. Absolutely GREAT week. We returned thru Gaspe/Perce and I'll never get bored of that area. Nova Scotia was really worth it, great roads and people! Cabot's trail was a blast....

I completed a 7 day 4,600kms Montreal-Maritimes ride a few weeks back. Absolutely GREAT week. We returned thru Gaspe/Perce and I'll never get bored of that area. Nova Scotia was really worth it, great roads and people! Cabot's trail was a blast....

The cabot trail is a blast the best road in the maritimes as far as im concerned

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I don't take enough pictures when I go for rides. It always seems like it interrupts the ride, but then I'm a little sorry when I only have pictures at a Casey's filling up the tank.

Oh, and so I had a point of reference 2200 km = 1367.017 miles and divided by 3.5 days is 390.5762857142857 miles per day or 628.5716019565714987 km per day. That's a decent butt burner. Plenty for me. It almost stops being enjoyable after 400-500 miles in a day for me.

I do wish I had the hard cases, but I'm really liking the 2014 FJR ES which happens to come with hard cases :) (I'm old :()

Back