FZ1 & Z1000 On An American Holiday

ozzieboy

Took a ride with a ZThou on the wrong side for all our Downunder Northern Hemispherian friends (everyone knows South is Up):poke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj8Z-ObVN7U]YouTube - FZ1 & Z1000 American Holiday[/ame]

Mike, you're making me sick with a desire to be out riding! Soon... this week is all days above freezing so we should have a significant amount of melt-off. I still have 2' of snow in the yard! :(

Looks awesome down under! Nice vid!

Mike, you're making me sick with a desire to be out riding! Soon... this week is all days above freezing so we should have a significant amount of melt-off. I still have 2' of snow in the yard! :(

Looks awesome down under! Nice vid!

We've had an unusually wet and mild summer, but at the moment we seem to be getting our end of March, Early April crisp clear 24 degree C days...freaking magic:D

Thats an awesome road. Reminds me of the "Skyway" down by Deal's Gap.

One of the few divided twisty roads, where the lazy cagers can't come at you from the other side. It's also been bypassed by a freeway, so it's really only used by people doing what we were doing. There are a few driveways up the hill a bit, but I generally don't go up there, or slow right down if I do. They ought to close it off, put up air fences, and charge folks admission:D

Good stuff Mikey! Nice to see you riding on the right side :shine:

LOL, but now it looks wrong to me:jaw drop:

Awesome vid dude. What sort of camera do you have?, how is it mounted?.

Thanks for the entertaining vid. Riding on the right hand side of the road, I thought you must be nuts, but then I see that you are using the FZ1 with the tacho on the left!! You had me for a while. :hook2:

Thanks. I love watching videos like that, especially on FZ1's... :) The bad thing is, now that they have you driving on the right side of the road, all the street signs are posted for viewing in your mirror. :confused: Such a strange country... :box: :jk:

I want to get a Hero HD camera this summer (winter for you). I hope I can post up some video while you have the colder weather. Unfortunately, the roads are all set up on a very flat, straight grid where I live. :( And if there is a rare twisty road, it's usually gravel or dirt :cuss:

Anyway, keep the good videos coming. I prefer seeing the speedo and tach in the videos, and I really doubt anything would come of it if you did put them in, but I understand the reluctance to include such information. :nothing:

Thanks for the entertaining vid. Riding on the right hand side of the road, I thought you must be nuts, but then I see that you are using the FZ1 with the tacho on the left!! You had me for a while. :hook2:

LOL...loopy, but not that loopy.

Thanks. I love watching videos like that, especially on FZ1's... :) The bad thing is, now that they have you driving on the right side of the road, all the street signs are posted for viewing in your mirror. :confused: Such a strange country... :box: :jk:

I want to get a Hero HD camera this summer (winter for you). I hope I can post up some video while you have the colder weather. Unfortunately, the roads are all set up on a very flat, straight grid where I live. :( And if there is a rare twisty road, it's usually gravel or dirt :cuss:

Anyway, keep the good videos coming. I prefer seeing the speedo and tach in the videos, and I really doubt anything would come of it if you did put them in, but I understand the reluctance to include such information. :nothing:

Always look forward to checking out other people's twisties:D.

Of course the cooler months here, only mean I have to wear a skin under my leathers...lol...no "off" season:woot:

As for the speedo. Well, there was talk of the coppers trolling Utube, and There was one local bloke who got done (mostly his own fault) because of a vid, but for me, I just wouldn't want it to be easy for them, as then there is no money in it, so they probably won't bother. No local location in the title. Can't read a plate etc. etc.:D Better safe than sorry. After all...I might have just popped over the speed limit there for a tick...not likely but just possible:innocent0002:

I am very grateful that I live amongst some awesome roads, and the fact that this is the driest state, on the driest continent on the planet, and we have a mild winter, means I can do that stuff all year round. A couple of Western Australian members of the FZ6 forum were just visiting, and they live on one of the renowned Motorcycle roads near Perth in WA, and they were gobsmacked by the assortment of twisty roads we have.

That little gem is only 8 minutes from the Adelaide CBD.:unworthy:

Great video. Great music. Great riding! Complete lack of traffic so you can really get down in the curves. Thanks.

The best bit is there is a concrete traffic island between you and the oncoming traffic, or they are completely divided. Anywhere where you see dotted white lines, the other lane is for overtaking. I always just use one lane, as it makes it more of a challenge:D.

Back