fz1 power!

Holy crappen arse! the power is weird on these. my 2002 900r ninja was off line force power. this is like a 600cc sportbike. but G!#$!@D D!@$!@MM! i nearly lost it! broke loose on dry pavement! and still brought front end up in two gears! NOT complaining by all means fellas! :+1: about 8000 gees and its on! i just got it 2 weeks ago. already broke in. i use it comuten. i love the guys on boat saying these are ok street machines. am i missen something? these things move! and mine stock. just venten gang! love my ride. mods com later. i guess? :stunta]: thanks all! Blazer.

:welcome: I remember my fist 8000+ rpm ride. It was a used bike and the dealer handed me the keys (photocopied my license) and I was off. No suggested route, no time to be back, just gone.

I headed out, and then hit the throttle a few miles out. :wow: At the time, I though 4-6k was pretty good, then 6-8k was crazy and 8-12k just about threw me off the back! :eek5: If you keep this bike in the upper revs, it will run with most things up to 130mph, then it's a slower climb to 150-160 and that's about it.

Enjoy it and by all means, be careful!

:needpics:

Last edited:
Good luck with your new toy. Most people find the FZ1 is more than enough zoom for the street and there aren't many bikes out there that can out run the FZ1 and keep things together. Have a good time and watch your throttle hand. Many newbies on power sports bikes end up in the weeds because the bike was more able than they were.

Last edited:
I remember breaking mine in, just itching to light it up. The first time I got the opportunity to run it to redline through the first 4 gears (do this on a public road at your own risk, redline in 1st is almost 100mph and will land you in a big pile of poo poo if you get caught) it blew my mind! The acceleration, the sound, the speed... WOW! Have fun with it and ride safe!

Yes, Yamaha gives their OMG power at the top of the revs... I like that as it is a civil commuter and turns into a beast if you want it to be.

Other than a slip on, I'm with why Mod em. I hit 8 K Sunday, about crapped. Forgot what they do. Still, not hit red line or 10 K. I hate reving an engine to the hilt, other than my old 250R :cowboy:

Hell yeah i was solid ear to ear smiles the first week i got mine and still m every time i crack the throttle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Other than a slip on, I'm with why Mod em. I hit 8 K Sunday, about crapped. Forgot what they do. Still, not hit red line or 10 K. I hate reving an engine to the hilt, other than my old 250R :cowboy:

I like to wind 'em right out, but have to short shift the first 2 gears of I hit the limiter before I can get my next gear! This bike winds up in a crazy hurry!

Good luck with your new toy. Most people find the FZ1 is more than enough zoom for the street and there aren't many bikes out there that can out run the FZ1 and keep things together. Have a good time and watch your throttle hand. Many newbies on power sports bikes end up in the weeds because the bike was more able than they were.

I did that. First morning I had it out I was giggling and ripping into the throttle going 75 in a 25 in first gear. Then ohh shit, I forgot you still have to be going a normal speed to take a corner, I froze ended up in the sand and with a Fz1 Streetfighter Mod.

How could you not hit redline? After just saying I crashed on the first morning (I know I sometimes sound like an idiot, BUT). The night before I crashed I took it out on the highway and redlined in first at 88, then in second at 106. Now if I rip on the on ramp usually I hit about 78-80, shift second then hit about 100, shift third and let off the throttle to compression break down from usually about 110 down to 70 to merge with traffic. Best way to start a day IMHO.

This bike is at it's best from 6k maybe 7k to 11k. I find it sluggish/laggy from the 3k-5k range.

That raw horsepower and acceleration on the street are the best cure for any blues.

Amen, preaching to the choir there.

Do some mods and the power starts much sooner. It is a good bike to start with but can be a great bike fully modded.

It is too bad that is costs a small fortune to get it there. I have more money into mods than I could sell the bike for...

Would be nice if they offered an S model with r1 suspension which is amazing on the 2013...

Love to hit 12k but only in first! Love to have the front hovering off the ground and feeling like I've hit hyperspace! Got in a bit of a hurry a couple of days ago and fethered the clutch at about 5000rpm and bang up she came LOVE it! These things are made to rev let them loose.

Love to hit 12k but only in first! Love to have the front hovering off the ground and feeling like I've hit hyperspace! Got in a bit of a hurry a couple of days ago and fethered the clutch at about 5000rpm and bang up she came LOVE it! These things are made to rev let them loose.

Have you or anybody tried a steering damper to help with the wobble that comes as the front tire is floating over the ground and catches a little bit here and there?

I hate that feeling when you get over 100 and the front is wobbling.

:tdown: Got my first 127 wobble! Christ man these things move! :wow: i held it though! saving for full yoshi, powercomander ( dont know which one 3,5 ?). havent installed already bought AIS plates or 16t sprocket yet. i fugured 2 gees in go faster goodies! :cowboy:

:tdown: Got my first 127 wobble! Christ man these things move! :wow: i held it though! saving for full yoshi, powercomander ( dont know which one 3,5 ?). havent installed already bought AIS plates or 16t sprocket yet. i fugured 2 gees in go faster goodies! :cowboy:

I'm all for go fast goodies but I would personally drop that money in the suspension first. The bike has plenty of get up and go in a straight line but at least for my rider weight and skill needs some help with the suspension. I can catch up with people on the straights but I get lost in the twisties.

I love the sounds of this thread!! I always wanted a bike that would do roll on wheelies! Never even ridden my FZ1 yet and I have had it for two yrs. It was damaged when I got it.
Anyway I haven't even ridden it yet and so far I modded the flies, did the airbox mod, moved all the wires blocking the air vents to over the frame, velocity stacks, changed to a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket and put a straight through muffler on it. Now I think it will need a PC3 or? to get it to run right. She sounds a little lean on the bench.

I can't wait to finish this bike within the next week or two.

Peace, JJAM

Back