FZ1 Ground Clearance .

i have read & heard mentioned issues with ground clearance , affecting the FZ1 ? how bad actually is the problem , i havent exprienced any ground-clearance issues yet myself . but i havent yet run my FZ1N much yet also , its approx 2 weeks old . so if ppl are affected with clearance issues , have a decent set of racing rear sets solved the problem ?

Ground clearance will be a problem on the track, or if pushed very hard on the street. But before trying to solve the problem with rearsets, I'd strongly encourage you to focus on the suspension first. Stock suspension (especially on a Gen-1) is sub-par, at best. This is especially true for pilots that are more heavy than average.

Suspension upgrades are expensive, and so most often neglected. But it's really the first mod or upgrade that folks should consider (in terms of performance enhancements).

NOTE: Regardless of whether stock or upgraded suspension, at the very least you should ensure sag is set for your weight (preload).

as above, only a problem if you push it hard I'm 75kg and easily find the the limit (lean angle), can remove the hero pegs if you change the pipe but as above don't waste time on rear sets (makes it uncomfible on the road) a good rear shock will pretty much do it (I think yamaha had used up there budget when they got to the shock) about the only weak point of the bike but if you are not a racer or a real hoon:D it will be fine standard:)

Back