fz1 electral problem help

my bike dies sometimes when I come to a stop if you turn the key off then back on it starts. it will run flat out at any speed but only dies when you let off the throttle. I talked to service tech at the yamaha dealer but as usual they want to run complete test of every possible thing from fuel to relays. I suspect it has something to do with the idle circuit, because when you turn the key off and back on you hear the fuel pump cycle. It will also do this when on the center stand when you wick the throttle hard and let off. then sometimes it won't do this at all for days if anyone knows what this might be I would be greatful for any info. Thanks...

Last edited:
HI new guy here but I maybe able to help you out..Have you synced your throttle bodies /carbs? That dying thing is comon whent hey are not quite working right..I also have seen teh sameissue occur when the voltage reg/rec starts to go bad. Hope this helps out.

^^
this can also happen when aftermarket pipes are fitted & the fuelling has not been changed with a PC111 & left @ OEM settings , if the problem continues more often than not . you may just have to get your FZ , to your bike mechanic for a once over . check fuel / air ratios & throttle bodies sync etc

Back