FS: 2009 R1 w/ a few mods (or FT for 06+ FZ1) - Lancaster, PA

FS: 2009 R1 w/ a few mods (or FT for 06+ FZ1) $9200 - Lancaster, PA

Hey guys, I've decided to let go of my R1. My family does several bike trips during the fall and my wife and I would like to be able to join them this year, so we've decided to switch out for an FZ1. We need something we can do a few hundred miles a day on and still be somewhat comfy.

My R1 is as clean as they come, it's been garage kept and has never been down. I'm the original owner; bought it this past December and it has been meticulously taken care of since then. Break in was also done properly (no constant highway speeds or anything for the first 1k miles). All the regular maintenance procedures have been preformed to date (not that there's been many). Here are the specs and mods that have been done.

Specs:
- Year: 2009
- Mileage: 2565
- Had Xzilon coating put on it before it was rolled out of the showroom. This was a $300 option that warrants the paint, plastic and leather on the bike for 5 years (minus accidents of course). It also makes cleaning the bike incredibly easy. All you need is water and a rag and it goes back to showroom clean within 20 minutes.
- Factory warranty is good through December 24, 2011.
- Xzilon warranty is good through December 24, 2015.
- Tires are stock. Probably 50% left on the front and 25% on the rear.
- Had it back to my dealer around March/April when the "melting headlight syndrome" recall was put out.

Mods:
- Yamaha GYTR Exhaust
- Akrapovic Y-Pipe
- Custom map done by my Yamaha dealer (w/ receipts)
- Watsen Design Flush Mounts
- Custom LED Integrated Tail Light
- Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit LTD
- Driven Grippy Grips (not installed in pics - still have the stock grips too)
- Pro Grip Tank Protector (Clear)

Like I said, the bike is immaculate. I don't owe anything on it so I have the clean title for it and all the paper work. I also have all the stock parts and can return the bike to 100% stock if the buyer would choose to do so (price would adjust accordingly). The Pit Bull stands ARE included in the sale. I'll be keeping those for my next bike. I also won't part anything out until the bike sells, should somewhat want to buy it stock. Let me know if you're interested!

Asking $9200

Thanks.

Also - the only trade I'd be interested in would be for a 06+ FZ1.

Yamaha_R14.jpg

Yamaha_R12.jpg

Yamaha_R15.jpg

Yamaha_R13.jpg

Yamaha_R11.jpg

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:
First off let me say that you've got an awesome looking R1. I wish I had the money and the "wrists" to have me one. But just one note: While you are selling a Yamaha, It's not an FZ1 and so you may be violating the Forum policy since you don't have enough posts nor time "in" to sell it right now on the forum. In a way it's FZ1 related because your looking to get yourself an FZ1 but the item isn't an FZ1 nor parts for an FZ1. Let me consult with another Moderator first before I let you know if it has to be removed until you meet the Forum Requirements. Give me a few minutes.

Good luck with your sale and when your rolling on your FZ1 remember to post up some pics! Oh, and welcome to the group. My son and I just got back a few weeks ago from a ride out to Gettysburg and Lancaster. Lancaster is really a beautiful town. I loved seeing the Amish Country!

I have been talking to this gentlemem for a while now via email about my fz1. I completely vouch for him. Awesome guy and really needs an fz1 !! BTW MY FZ1 sold today :D

Good luck with your sale and when your rolling on your FZ1 remember to post up some pics! Oh, and welcome to the group. My son and I just got back a few weeks ago from a ride out to Gettysburg and Lancaster. Lancaster is really a beautiful town. I loved seeing the Amish Country!

I thought you were gonna contact me for a ride Billy????

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your sale and when your rolling on your FZ1 remember to post up some pics! Oh, and welcome to the group. My son and I just got back a few weeks ago from a ride out to Gettysburg and Lancaster. Lancaster is really a beautiful town. I loved seeing the Amish Country![
I thought you were gonna contact me for a ride Billy????

I am. This was a while ago. The same trip as before, nothing new. That will be coming up soon!

there i was gonna go and get all butt sore.BTW I pm'd that guy about his R1 been kinda thinkin I should have bought one in he first place

there i was gonna go and get all butt sore.BTW I pm'd that guy about his R1 been kinda thinkin I should have bought one in he first place

I do love the R1. I just don't think I could handle clip-ons again. They should develop some kind of "arm braces" that extend from your forearm to your wrist that "old farts" like me could wear so I could get my azz back on one of these bad boys!

Haha arm crutches ;), I had a brace when I blew out my elbow that would lock it in any postition that I needed it to be in. Might be a little spendy just to ride clip-on again though

This offer is almost too good to pass up!!!!!!! Let me know what you think of mine and I might just consider it if you like it
home.php

Last edited:
Lots of nice offers here guys. Just wanted to update you two things. 1) I'd like to try to find a local deal so I don't have to deal with shipping and such, so preferably something within 2-3 hours away. And 2) my wife and I are trying to have a bit less cash tied up in our "motorcycle" category, so I'm not at a point where I can really consider a straight trade. I know that's kind of weird, but we'd like to trade down for a bike of lesser value and get some cash on our end.

Hope this helps! Seeing all these nice FZ1's is making me excited to get one!

Lots of nice offers here guys. Just wanted to update you two things. 1) I'd like to try to find a local deal so I don't have to deal with shipping and such, so preferably something within 2-3 hours away. And 2) my wife and I are trying to have a bit less cash tied up in our "motorcycle" category, so I'm not at a point where I can really consider a straight trade. I know that's kind of weird, but we'd like to trade down for a bike of lesser value and get some cash on our end.

Hope this helps! Seeing all these nice FZ1's is making me excited to get one!

I would be interested to drive my bike out to you and give you some cash for the swap, let me know how much are you looking for, and I can forward you the link to my bike pics, send info to: [email protected], thanks!!!

Still haven't found the right trade. Lots of nice offers though. Sale price has been dropped to $9200 w/ the Pit Bull stands.

Not sure how easy of a sale it's going to be. I've actually seen a few 09+ R1 for sale lately and none of them are moving.

There is one that I've been trolling that has a bit more miles than you, but imo has a better color scheme and is price at $8500.

imag0584s.jpg

FS: 2009 Yamaha R1 - DCSportbikes.net

They are not selling as R1 has dropped to the bottom of the literbike foodchain not only in terms of performance but in looks, weight, price, etc. Only good thing about it is the sound and cornering performance. Great bike if it can be had for supercheap. The fireblade is a better bargain especially when they were clearing the 08s for 6.5k

Back