Flush mounts vs OEM turn signals

speedjunkie

Will be replacing my rashed turn signals soon and am debating whether to go with flush mounts(esthetics/coolness) or OEM for the cagers to notice. I'm leaning towards the flush mounts but like to hear your opinions
Thx
Norm

Signals

I put Graves Flush mounts on my first Gen-1. Very nice in the gloss black and bright enough. This time, I went with the Proton's. VERY happy with these babies. VERY bright. The LED's are bigger and, there are more of them, when compared to the Grave's FM. Many options with these too: running light, regular flash, strobe flash, and even a fade feature if you desire! Check the Proton's out before you buy. They also come with a 100,000 hour LED life-span. Now, that's a long time . . . . :wow:

Mine are not running as markers. Can you show me how yours are connected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine were just plug and play to the existing connectors inside the fairing. I understand that he quit offering the running light feature. :confused0024: I just checked the web site and sure enough, they used to list that as an option (for an extra charge) and I do not see that option anymore. Sorry. I guess I have a collectors edition then.

Hail: I guess it's been a long time and I was wrong. It was a seperate module on each side that clipped in between the signal and the bike's wiring. Read this post: http://www.998cc.org/forum/product-reviews/5495-watsen-micro-alloy-l-e-d-flushmounts.html#post18698

Last edited:
Light POD-mod

Pilot I like the marker lights in the corner of the headlight. Is that a kit or something you put together?

stretched06, It's a mod that you can do ! It's easy.

Find the 'Light Pod-Mod' thread here on the forum. This is an easy upgrade as the amber LED lights actually FLASH alternately with the turn signals, yet remain on as running lights ! If I remember right, the socket is a FORD license plate light and can be found at any auto parts store. There is even a part number for it. (I can't remember it tho) Next, put an amber LED bulb in and then set aside. Note: The bulb's are at the auto parts store too. Next locate the 'dimple' on the backside of the headlight unit in the upper, outside corners. (see pics) One on each side. The R1 has similar lights factory installed and the hole locations are thus molded in and can be seen a faint circle in the plastic. Check the hole requirement for the light socket that will plug into the unit. I believe it is supposed to be 3/4", but check to be sure. It should 'snap' right in. You can run a tiny bead of silicone around it for better water proofing, but I don't think it's mandatory. This is a great mod and greatly improves the safety as well as the looks ! :cheers:

My Watsens are due this week. After reading this thread, I was thinking of wiring the single element turn signals as running lights that flash off, while the pod lights I the headlight assembly flashing on. Does anyone see an issue with this setup? Would the Watsens be too bright to use as running lights? I will call them tomorrow and ask about their duty rating.

Back