Fairing, inner fairing panel disappointment

I was wondering.... Are there Carbon fibre inner panels out there for a GEN II FZ1 ? Mine are cracked on the lower mounts (pissed). Also is there a good fairing plastic repair kit out there , ( have a star crack around the fairing bolt). Was just doing general repairs on the bike were I had to remove the fairing. Never over tightened the bolts , thought all was good until I discovered on a ride yesterday the damage. I thought the plastics on the more modern sport bikes were better than my old 89 Kawi ZX10, I guess not !!

I have never seen those inner panels in CF for the Gen II bikes.

Another option is to repair them with some two part epoxy and get them painted the same color as the bike. I have seen a few people do that and the results are very nice...

The inner fairing panels crack easily where they bolt onto the tank cover. I had to trim mine to use the convertibars I purchased and they need to be reinforced with some epoxy on the back side. I may paint them to match the bike.

Mine did exactly the same . I have glued them together also glued a thin plastic washer on the under side of the screw holes to help support it . You have to look pretty darn close to see it . Dont see the point in replacing them just yet if this is a common problem

Did you ever sell the panels? If not, I'd be interested in one or both. I spilled super glue on the throttle side one...ugh...can't get it off...need a new panel.
Email me at [email protected] if you've still got them, or it...

T.

If you dont find a suitable solution for your situation, I have a pair of inner panels I would sell you....

Back