Error Code 51

aRcHeR

This sounds strange, but error code 51..

any one of the helpful dudes out here could give a headsup on the actual issue? did some searches on google and it shows as a immobilisers error issue..

197440_10150122097775954_644375953_6659112_3079535_n.jpg

It sais that the radiator fan motor relay actuates 5 times at one second intervals (on two seconds, off 3 seconds) if it doesn't it illuminates the engine trouble warning light.

It's the fan motor relay and evidently it's cycling for some reason. You should check to see if the fan is coming on when it's supposed to and running until the engine cools or is it cycling. That's about all I cold get from reading the manual. It's under the fuel injection codes on page 8-48.

immobiliser light will come on at intervals for 2 sec and goes off.

engine trouble light is not on.

i reset the issue by turning off the ignition and turning back on.

perhaps it's time to drop by my local yamaha agent and let them figure it out..

i will post an update here once i have more information..

went to my local yamaha agent and have them check out what's causing the problem..

Error 51 is immobilizer issue.. But turns out it's a dongle which is hanging on the same key-ring that's causing the error.

Huh? Explain this to me please. :)

over here in Singapore, Exxonmobil have this special device to bill the the amount of gas we filled directly to our credit card, rather then going into the gas-station and making payment to the cashier.

apparently this device is always active, much like our keys which are coded.

hence, when the device is in close proximity with the bike key, it will cause a Error 51, meaning the bike is unable to start.

Back