Electrical issues

Battery is working, lights come on but bike wont turn over, have a bit of an electrical problem; bike panels light up and turn off? Can someone please give me some advise besides the norm?

The obvious being the fuses, and perhaps check the actual starter button connections. Try bypassing the starter button to see if the starter actually works.

all fuses are good, the starter is trying to turn it over but it just wont start. I need to check all of the electric connectors and see what happens next. why do you think all instruments light up but no readings?

Are you positive the battery is good? That sounds a lot like a weak or dying battery. Sometimes they have enough power to light everything up and even try to start but not enough amperage to crank the bike

all fuses are good, the starter is trying to turn it over but it just wont start. I need to check all of the electric connectors and see what happens next. why do you think all instruments light up but no readings?

How many volts does your battery test at? Electronic instruments are very sensitive to low voltage (weak batteries). Most won't work (but will still back-light) below 10 volts. It would explain the slow turn over.

I agree. Put a charger on it see what it does. Even if it won't take a charge the power from the charger should let you cycle everything on, and you can see if the gauges work.

Back