Eclipse

Isleoman

Site Supporter
Any excitement to witness the coming eclipse? I'm having a hard time getting motivated. It's like reading a book that you already know the ending of.

Now if we didn't know what it was or how it ends that would be fun.

in 2012 a buddy and I took a trip to Zion to see that one - we found a great spot way up on the Kolob Mesa to watch it - was super cool and when my kids are older we will plan a similar trip.

It is really impressive to see live if you have the right equipment.

Yes!

Unfortunately, the fullest part of the eclipse occurs during my school's dismissal time. I thought for sure we would dismiss early that day but we are not. I have the feeling that telling a bunch of elementary school age students to NOT look at weirdness in the sky as they are leaving isn't going to work very well... 😄

The wife bought a family pack of eclipse viewing glasses. I took a couple pairs with me on my six hour tour to western mass yesterday. Blue sky and 65 degrees. Woo Hoo.

Found a group of crazy looking people along the Deerfield river on the Mohawk trail. so stopped in and joined the "watch' for the peak period. Pretty cool. They were all using the pin hole boxes and were happy when I pulled out the shades. Was 1/2 hour behind schedule for my return so had to leave right at the peak. No surprise endings, world kept turning.

Based on what I could see without glasses or a box I wonder if early humans knew anything much had happened.

Back