ebay brakepads

speedjunkie

Hi,

Anybody purchase these brakepads from ebay?

Item number: 120793976462

The price looks reasonable but there is no mention of the brand/company that produces them.

Norm

Well Norm, this was taken right from his feedback. I also saw a couple of similar feedbacks as well. Would I risk it?, no way. Not when your dealing with coming to a stop safely on a literbike. Ultimately it's up to you. At that price I'd just go with a set of OEM brake pads for a little more money.

Brakes.jpg

As Billy suggested, stay away from those pads. Like tires, brake pads are not something to be skimping on. Too much depends on them so you want quality pads that are going to give you good stopping power again and again.

Personally a good set of EBC HH pads would be my recommendation for street use.

Those eBay pads are about the same as you would pay for EBCs GG 'Organic Kevlar' street pad and only a few bucks less than you can get the EBC HH pads for. I've pretty much always run EBC HHs and I absolutely love them

Although I'm often keen on trying the 'lower priced alternative', I don't see any value in those eBay junkers whatsoever. Stay away.

I know this is an old thread but.......

I recently replaced my $70 EBC HH pads with a set of no name kevlar/organic pads from china for $15.

Initialy they worked just as expected ie. they didn't! The first stop sign required rear brake just to stop the new fronts wern't going to do it. I removed them and just before chucking them noticed the pad was only contacting the rotor along the outer edge (maybe 5% of the pad) I reinstalled them and very cautiously broke them in over the next 1,000 miles (that's right it took 1,000 miles to fully bed them in) During this time I added steel braided lines to increase maximum braking force.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT i NOW ACTUALY LIKE THEM BETTER THEN THE HIGH DOLLAR PADS.

They are strong enough to loft the rear tire under hard braking but not grabby like the sintered pads I'd been running before. Smooth and linear would be a good description. and scrubbing off just a little speed is easier then it used to be. I'll buy another set but next time I'll find a faster way to bed them in.

Quite frankly, I've seen enough cheap brake pads fall apart or disintegrate on cars that I wouldn't dare try any generic brands.

Quite frankly, I've seen enough cheap brake pads fall apart or disintegrate on cars that I wouldn't dare try any generic brands.

I agree...for the small savings it's not worth it. When you average the difference in cost over the life of the product it becomes a negligible savings...

I think I've tried just about every brake on the market over the years.... and the only 3 brands I'll buy now are SBS, EBC HH or DP HH+ ...

I tried Brembo... didn't like them. They got slicked up after a few thousand miles and wouldn't grab anymore...

I tried Braking pads... they cracked and fell apart.

I tried Vesrah... while they were good pads, they were a bit too extreme, and were tearing up my rotors.

Goodridge wasn't horrible, until they got good and hot. Then, they were squishy.

Ferodo was good... but wicked expensive, and they give you less pad for the money.

Hawk makes some awesome pads (I run Hawk HPS on the cars) but they don't offer fitment for a wide variety... if I could get them for the FZ, I'd run them...

I use Dunlopad and it's a carry over from dirt biking where I found Dunlopad brake pads worked best for me. I went through lots of brake pads over the years due to the mud riding. Honda OEM pads were the next best for me personally.

Back