DIY AIS kit

speedjunkie

I tried searching for a thread but came up empty, has anybody removed their AIS and NOT used either Ivans or Dales kit. I already purchased the airbox and carb rubber caps for 18 cents each :) but am having some difficulty finding the exhaust metal caps. They have an inside diameter of approx 12.5mm. I would have already purchased Dales kit but have already spent my years bike budget (protons, yosh pipe, levers, new fairing+tank, rad covers etc....) and the wife has cut me off :(

Norm

I was on the fence about going that way after reading several threads about the difficulty of tapping cyl 4. I decided it be easier just to use RTV and capping them like Dales kit. As I said earlier the only thing "tapped" is my budget until my bonus cheque is deposited :)

I'm not sure if they are the same as the Gen I plates, but here's my description of my DIY AIS blockoff plates.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/77580-post49.html

It's easy once you have access to it all.

Unfortunately not, they are more "plug like" for the gen1 (should have mentioned that earlier). I'm sure somebody here mc-gyvered their own from some plumber store bin?? The TPO kit also looks possible but I'm trying to DIY to save $$ and also avoid getting dinged at my hungry Canadian Customs Tax/Duty Monsters:shoot: I have a streak going where I got NAILED on 3 consecutive purchases from forum members. In one case $55+ for a gas tank I purchased used :(
A few years back I purchased an used alternator for my Ninja 900 for $10 thru ebay and got robbed for $70 in duties. I wanted to refuse it but the alternative was having to cough up $600 for a new one so I paid.

If it was only that easy, I would be laughing the whole time :) My wife reminds me often how I lost a few marbles since we been together :) I already solved the airbox with a 18cent stopper and I blocked off the synch plug off carb no.4 with another plug I had lying around. Its not as easy finding the proper sized fittings to block off the AIS spigots from the front of the engine.....

Dunno...but from looking at the fiche I think it may be. Looks like only one hose going from the airbox.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 8500

View attachment 8501

Back