Deals Gap Rally June 13th - 16th 2024

Cruzman

Site Supporter
In mid 2023 the forum FZ1OA was retired and I am hoping this forum will support us and vice versa. In the USA we have 2 yearly events a June rally (Deals Gap) and a late September / early October rally in Suches, GA. In 2024 the Deals Gap Rally will be held from June 13th - June 15th (although some come earlier in the week). Many choose to stay in the Deals Gap Resort, while other rent houses or stay in the Fontana Village. Our attendance has dropped to around 20 these last couple of years, but we have all become like family and are fine with that level of attendance. Some of us no longer own our beloved FZ1s but I'd estimate the mix to be about half. Please reach out to me if you have any interest in attending or return to this post to see updates as the dates get closer.

Clip the following and add your name to the bottom if you plan to attend
  • Cruzman and Wife June 12th arrival
  • ILUVMYFZ1 and Wife TBD arrival
  • FastNFurious June 13th
More to come. Also let me know if anyone is interested in T-Shirts this year. I have a niece in the business and believe I can get us a deal.

Thanks for posting this one up! I think Harry 77 is also going to be there, with another 2 or 3 coming with him, but I don't think he is on this board.

As for me, I'm still on the fence... this year is looking like a challenge with work ... hoping things will loosen up so I can commit soon!

Wonder how many Ninja H2 Harry has now. He was trying to corner the market near the end of FZ1OA. Hope you guys have some great rides. June sounds so far off.

Look forward to seeing the 'old' crew. Just purchased a house in the mountains. 5 miles away, as the crow flies, 32 miles as the wheels turn. I guess the last gather I attended sold me on the area and the people.
Glad to here you're more local. I am about 50 miles away, but I make it to Cafe Rel' at least once a month. We need to meet up sometime.

I briefly attended the Suches, GA meeting a few years ago, but I generally don't attend because I typically work weekends and it just doesn't fit into my schedule.
I'll keep these meetings in mind and hopefully be able to attend one of them, even if for a short time.

There is some talk about Deals Gap repaving project. They will announce the dates in Mid March. So our Deals Gap trip may be more about the roads around that area than Deals Gap. Fingers Crossed.

Clip the following and add your name to the bottom if you plan to attend
  • Cruzman and Wife June 12th arrival
  • ILUVMYFZ1 and Wife TBD arrival
  • FastNFurious June 13th

I visited deals gap last year for 2 stroke bike week while i was spending a year rv'ing around the country. There are very few rv accommodations in the area, but on 129 there is a vrbo called O'Henry's getaway and a large parking lot below the house called O'henry's parking and put in where people unload kayaks etc. The owner let me stay in the parking lot for 10 bucks a day. I ended up staying for 2 weeks.

yes that is true, RV sites are not too plentiful . Some of the FZ1oa guys brought Rv's they stayed at Fontana next to the dam. It's kind of dark there and pretty quiet. I recommend it, but it does not have full hook ups and just a few sites with power. But it does have a dump station.

yes that is true, RV sites are not too plentiful . Some of the FZ1oa guys brought Rv's they stayed at Fontana next to the dam. It's kind of dark there and pretty quiet. I recommend it, but it does not have full hook ups and just a few sites with power. But it does have a dump station.
Its crazy how rv's campsites work around the country. west coast, awesome free sites all over. East coast is reservations and money. Texas has free sites (14 days) with water, dump station and free electricity.

The o'henrys place is quiet at night, but eventually traffic starts. And by and large its traffic that is sporty. If someone does rv at ohenrys ask the owner to leave the starlink on, otherwise no service.

My rv is built for off grid so it worked perfectly for me there.527DF199-5E52-4BA9-AB8B-58F27F57E347.jpeg

Last edited:
I could/ might make mid June, been up there lots in the past 7 yrs. Retired, with plenty a time....
Need a place to stay tho...??? riding up from the Tampa area mid week...12th or 13th ish....

A few of us are staying off of the skyway again. With the exception of last year, we have been at this house for 4 years or so. Some others are staying at Fontana and others are staying at Deals Gap Resort. Communication is the hard part about being spread out in this area. We have a Facebook messenger set up. IM me with your e-mail if you would like to be added to the FB messenger. (I think that is what I need to get people added). In general I try to make a pass on the gap most mornings and get back to Deals Gap Resort by 8:30 or 9 for breakfast.

Back