Custom Dyno tune or Ivans full system

You can get a dyno tune but why waste the money? There are plenty of positive reviews (mostly on FZ1OA) regarding Ivan's flash and map.

Which is better and why? Is It possible to go with ivans full system and then get it dyno tuned as well?

Thoughts?

k
If you're going to get a powercommander and can afford the whole kit from Ivan, do it.
A dynotune will optimize your current fueling and give you a lot of smiles. But with the ECU changes and full system, it makes a dramatic difference in driveability. Especially low rpm and midrange pull and throttle response.

Just be aware that if you do get a custom map after Ivan's flash, you may have to use Ivan's values in the 0,2,5% throttle areas especially.

You will see what I mean after riding your flashed bike with Ivan's map and then looking at the map's values on your PCV software.

It's radically different to any other map I've seen made for the FZ1.

Ivan spent a lot of time tuning these areas to reduce fuel cut and make getting back onto the throttle much more precise.

I had a custom map made after the flash but wasn't happy with low throttle areas so I modified my own map using a combination of Ivan's lower values with my custom map values for the higher throttle areas.

I'm very happy with the result.

Just be aware that if you do get a custom map after Ivan's flash, you may have to use Ivan's values in the 0,2,5% throttle areas especially.

You will see what I mean after riding your flashed bike with Ivan's map and then looking at the map's values on your PCV software.

It's radically different to any other map I've seen made for the FZ1.

Ivan spent a lot of time tuning these areas to reduce fuel cut and make getting back onto the throttle much more precise.

I had a custom map made after the flash but wasn't happy with low throttle areas so I modified my own map using a combination of Ivan's lower values with my custom map values for the higher throttle areas.

I'm very happy with the result.

I'll probably go with his full mod list when u get the $$$. For now I'll do the ais block off, frame sliders, & set up the suspension. Already have a ZG double bubble, yoshi slip on carbon fiber exhaust, and pro sport superbike grips.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Also keep in mind that having your fueling adjusted on a dyno does nothing to address a number of shortcomings in the stock bikes programming. A dyno tune can't remove the deceleration fuel cut, can't adjust the opening rates of the secondary throttle plates and can't remove the lower gear power restrictions.

Also keep in mind that having your fueling adjusted on a dyno does nothing to address a number of shortcomings in the stock bikes programming. A dyno tune can't remove the deceleration fuel cut, can't adjust the opening rates of the secondary throttle plates and can't remove the lower gear power restrictions.

i thought Ivan's ecu flash coukd?

i thought Ivan's ecu flash coukd?

I think what eurban is saying is a dyno tune with a PCV alone won't address the ECU issues. There are two parts here, Ivan's flash of the ECU, and the PCV fuel mapping.

The PCV fuel map is best done on a dyno tune to get the best fuel map for your bike/mods.

Ivan's flash deals with the ECU and the flies, fuel cut and power restrictions in the lower gears.

If you get a flash from Ivan, you will need a PCV to adjust the fueling, but you don't need Ivan's flash to instal a PCV and dynotune the bike.

Cheers
Jason

I think what eurban is saying is a dyno tune with a PCV alone won't address the ECU issues. There are two parts here, Ivan's flash of the ECU, and the PCV fuel mapping.

The PCV fuel map is best done on a dyno tune to get the best fuel map for your bike/mods.

Ivan's flash deals with the ECU and the flies, fuel cut and power restrictions in the lower gears.

If you get a flash from Ivan, you will need a PCV to adjust the fueling, but you don't need Ivan's flash to instal a PCV and dynotune the bike.

Cheers
Jason

I gotcha, that makes sense. PCIII and PCV do the same thing, one is just newer correct?

I say go get a custom tune. Because that tune will now be suited for the climate of your region.

We all know that each region of the states all have their own specs to worry about such as elevation, humidity etc.

Back