CopperDawg and recent orders

I'm not going to comment on Copperdawg specifically because I have had no dealings with him.
I will say in general that poor communication is one thing that will turn me away from a company faster than just about anything. Regardless of how small an operation is, if they have enough time to take my money I expect a response to any questions or status updates I may have within 1-2 business days. It only takes a few seconds to send an email to say "Sorry, I'm backed up, it may be a couple of weeks before your item ships out" instead of just ignoring inquiries.
The only thing more irritating than no response is a dishonest response. I've been down this road with all too many companies. I ask for a status update and they give me a specific answer like "it WILL ship on Thursday and we'll email a tracking number", then days pass after the promised date so I call/email again only to be given a different date... if you aren't 100% sure you can deliver on a promise to a customer, don't make that promise! If you do fail to deliver as promised due to unforeseen circumstances, take a moment to apologize and explain the situation and make it right. I don't care how great of a product a company makes, if they don't respect me as a customer I'll shop elsewhere, even if it costs a little more. Companies sometimes get to the point where they are doing so much business that they have a hard time responding to all of their customers, but this is the point at which they need to understand that the greed they have that is preventing them from hiring extra help may eventually lead to their downfall when they lose the chance for repeat business.
I'm done venting now, again I have had no personal dealings with Copperdawg. I think he makes some nice looking products and helpful videos.

To each his own. I am just trying to set realistic expectations for folks that want to order from him. I could care less whether someone uses him or not. I get no coin in my pocket when Patrick does. I can tell you that you will not get a dishonest response from him. I just hope I have helped someone make an informed decision.

well said Hail...

I think what guys fail to realize is that this is quality custom work, not a big box retailer who buys thousands of pieces from deep in the heart of Asia. As far as the communication part of it, I had no issues with my screen or side covers when I ordered. Hell, he even repaired mine for me for a minimal charge after I took a fairly large rock on the shield shortly after I got it.

well said Hail...

I think what guys fail to realize is that this is quality custom work, not a big box retailer who buys thousands of pieces from deep in the heart of Asia. As far as the communication part of it, I had no issues with my screen or side covers when I ordered. Hell, he even repaired mine for me for a minimal charge after I took a fairly large rock on the shield shortly after I got it.

If only everyone were as responsive as JWhelan! ;)
:worship:

Just to follow up on this and hopefully add some closure from my end. I emailed Patrick directly twice and did not receive a response either time. I figured I would give him three weeks before I contacted PayPal and began inquiring about a refund. Yesterday though I did receive the sub throttle plates in the mail (and installed them today).

I appreciate everyone's comments because without them I would have not waited to inquire about a refund. I understand it is a one person shop and that he is over worked, but having some sort of response upon purchase that sets expectations up front would probably be very beneficial. I plan on sending him some feedback, but just wanted to share my two cents...

...I understand it is a one person shop and that he is over worked, but having some sort of response upon purchase that sets expectations up front would probably be very beneficial. ...
Well said, bottom line is that a business of any size should never ignore a customer because they "don't have time" for them. If it takes staying up until 3am replying to emails, so be it... Some businesses can get away with a lot of this because they are the only one that sells a specific product/products that are in demand, but rest assured that business will go elsewhere if/when another option exists if you ignore or mistreat customers. Just my 2 cents and not directed at any person or business specifically.

Perhaps Patrick needs a secretary/bookkeeper to respond to customers and insure items are send in proper order. He also needs some assistance to off-load some work. Making some of the parts isn't the hold-up. It is the finishing that takes all his time away.

Now that I own most of his parts, I can see that the screens are all made with the same mold, just cut differently. Also, the blinker pods appear to be a vacuum formed plastic that he has molds for and can pump them out fast, but again, the finishing is the big time consumer.

He does great work though and even with the issues, I still would say it is worth the wait. I agree that he absolutely NEEDS to communicate better with paid customers though. :D

copper has taken the steps to make my order right, if you have a problem with him or an order do e-mail him and he will do every thing in his power to make it right.

copper has taken the steps to make my order right, if you have a problem with him or an order do e-mail him and he will do every thing in his power to make it right.

Glad to hear that Patrick has good customer service like that. Poor customer service is sure to kill a business, especially one that's mainly Internet based.

He's having a pretty good spring down there so with the weather cooperating, he should be able to turn out the finishing jobs quicker. Glad to hear!

When he found out I broke two of my pods, he offered to have me send them to him to see what he could do for repairs. I politely refused and thanked him with a promise to come back if I totally botch the job. :D

well copper got my items back to me repainted, they had gotten some thinner on the bubble rap and transfered the pattern on to the seat cowl and pods. I had a 07 fz1 with his parts she was stolen, the work that he produced in the past was stellar, the items how that he is shiping have a poor fit, and not what I would call custom. The blinker pods are a joke and the seat cowl is very over priced. I'm sorry that he may be over worked but arn't we all. I have never though he took to much time or wasn't responsive and was ok with the cost for the items, he has been up front with the lead time and untill now had a great product. If I have to step back to look at it so as not to see imperfections I don't want it on my bike!

Last edited:
Old topic. I ordered my flies on 30th may and i have not recieved any response from him.....getting restless...losing sleep waiting for the flies although its only been 1 week. But i am in Singapore so maybe thats why it could be longer than usual.

Old topic. I ordered my flies on 30th may and i have not recieved any response from him.....getting restless...losing sleep waiting for the flies although its only been 1 week. But i am in Singapore so maybe thats why it could be longer than usual.

Hi K3nny77,
I once did order a speedscreen from Pat and it took me more than a month for it to be delivered to Singapore.
I msg him and he did reply back.Communication is not that fast but he'll definately get the job done.One thing for sure,you'll have to have patience and all will be ok.
Anyway,I am loving his speedscreen each day and i think i am one of the lucky ones in Singapore riding with these one of a kind screen.:yes:
So not to worry,:shine:

Back