convince me please

I think like alot of us, you were seduced by the Ducati, the mistress as it were, while knowing you were going to get burned with this delecious decedance. Seems you were wanting us to urge you to indulge, ..........us, who have only lust in our minds, yea out dabbeling in this wickedness without having to bear the concequences of our choice, living vicariously through your feeding the fettish. I think you came to earth and made the right choice this time.......who knows if you will be so wise in the future, or secumb to the flesh. The 08 in Red is a Beautiful FZ, the possabilities are much more livable and affordable, the overall fun factor, the class act that is the FZ1. You made the right choice, the bimbo would have bled you dry and skipped off with some new lover, to start the affair all over again, devil may care............

Last edited:
I think like alot of us, you were seduced by the Ducati, the mistress as it were, while knowing you were going to get burned with this delecious decedance. Seems you were wanting us to urge you to indulge, ..........us, who have only lust in our minds, yea out dabbeling in this wickedness without having to bear the concequences of our choice, living vicariously through your feeding the fettish. I think you came to earth and made the right choice this time.......who knows if you will be so wise in the future, or secumb to the flesh. The 08 in Red is a Beautiful FZ, the possabilities are much more livable and affordable, the overall fun factor, the class act that is the FZ1. You made the right choice, the bimbo would have bled you dry and skipped off with some new lover, to start the affair all over again, devil may care............

And after the first oil change I still bear the grin on my face. If slightly frozen...

congrats on the new fz1, i looked at a fair few nakeds when i thought of purchasing a new bike and i tell you im glad i went the fz1. the ducatis are fun but not as comfortable to ride all day like the fz1.

Congratulations on your purchase. I live close to the MV Agusta-Cagiva plant: as you probably know Cagiva used to own Ducati up to 10 years ago, and I know how the hell those guys are used to work over there. This is the reason because I've ridden a lot of Ducati (very enjoyable bikes) and owned only one (my first real bike). Now I've got on to Yamaha, which are far more reliable. Ok, a Ducati engine can be very interesting, but not as a 150HP rocket from Iwata can be. The famous Ducati steel frame is not that sexy thing, if you think that to make it work properly Ducati need to put on it a lot of parts coming from the best suppliers worldwide (Ohlins mainly, but also Brembo, Marchesini, and so on). And LBNL, the price of a Ducati could be reasonable only if you are interested in the girls who would ride with you rather then the pleasure of the bike itself.

So, I'm sure you made the right choice.

Lamps!

Congratulations on your purchase. I live close to the MV Agusta-Cagiva plant: as you probably know Cagiva used to own Ducati up to 10 years ago, and I know how the hell those guys are used to work over there. This is the reason because I've ridden a lot of Ducati (very enjoyable bikes) and owned only one (my first real bike). Now I've got on to Yamaha, which are far more reliable. Ok, a Ducati engine can be very interesting, but not as a 150HP rocket from Iwata can be. The famous Ducati steel frame is not that sexy thing, if you think that to make it work properly Ducati need to put on it a lot of parts coming from the best suppliers worldwide (Ohlins mainly, but also Brembo, Marchesini, and so on). And LBNL, the price of a Ducati could be reasonable only if you are interested in the girls who would ride with you rather then the pleasure of the bike itself.

So, I'm sure you made the right choice.

Lamps!

you couldn't be more convincing! this should be the first reply post here, after that there are no second thoughts.

pics...

Hi All,
finally some pictures - if crappy ones taken with the cell phone... I spent the weekend getting to 500 miles so I could change the oil. Lots of frozen fingers - temps just would not get out of the 30s...
Yesterday I was able to get out for a bit around mid-day and decided to try Some local mountain roads - the ones with more weekend traffic - less chance for leftover ice patches. It was cool but sunny and in the upper 30s.
The bike is loosening up nicely and I was able to touch the 8krpm+ range a few times today ('yee haw' is about all I have to say at this point - too bad the road surfaces are so cold).
This bike really gets a (relatively) old geezer like me excited.
I think I'll call her Zippy.

Envy

Hi All,
finally some pictures - if crappy ones taken with the cell phone... I spent the weekend getting to 500 miles so I could change the oil. Lots of frozen fingers - temps just would not get out of the 30s...
Yesterday I was able to get out for a bit around mid-day and decided to try Some local mountain roads - the ones with more weekend traffic - less chance for leftover ice patches. It was cool but sunny and in the upper 30s.
The bike is loosening up nicely and I was able to touch the 8krpm+ range a few times today ('yee haw' is about all I have to say at this point - too bad the road surfaces are so cold).
This bike really gets a (relatively) old geezer like me excited.
I think I'll call her Zippy.

Hey I'd take bare roads and 30 degree temps about now and be thrilled! I can imagine how cool that was from the last picture. Not bad shots from a phone. Just wait until the warm weather when you can ride the bike like it was meant to be, then you'll really be in lust!:D

+1 do you have a Duc dealer near you?
ditto Damn Yankee - if your a do it yourself kind of guy (or got lots of money to throw anound) then buy the Duc.
if you like reliability buy the F-z
and if you have enough money to throw around keeping the Duc maintained and in tires - hell - just buy both!

Hey I'd take bare roads and 30 degree temps about now and be thrilled! I can imagine how cool that was from the last picture. Not bad shots from a phone. Just wait until the warm weather when you can ride the bike like it was meant to be, then you'll really be in lust!:D

I feel for you Oldschool. A good friend of mine is from N. Ontario where the October snow is still around in April...
Calgary should be close enough to the hills so you get some warmer downslope winds? This is why we can ride quite a bit around here in the winter.

Back