Continued recovery from last years divorce!

Well my divorce last year caused me to sell my bike and unfortunately my guns too but I am glad to say I have started the replacement of those items today also.

I started with replacing my daily concealed carry weapon:

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

Very nice Glock! What else did you have to sell and now need to replace?

I'm dying to get a Springfield Armory GI (Full sized) .45 ACP. I'd like the OD Green but would settle for the black Parkerized model.

SPW9609LPFC_1.jpg

Therapy . . .

I love therapy . . :tup:
These are a few of my stress reliever's.
In the last pic the GLOCK on the left was my 'duty' weapon while at the Sheriff's Dept. and the S&W Chief's Spec. is still my CCW today.

I'm in the minority among this generation. Michele and I have been together since Oct. 1986 and married since June 1991. We've had a couple of rough times but ONLY a couple. Seems there's not much we cannot settle over a cup of coffee. I wish everyone could have this sort of relationship. I'm sorry it doesn't work out for a lot of people and the pain of a divorce happens to you.

Michele is my second wife. I married a high school girl when I was young and it lasted only about a year. Young and dumb but with so little time together and nothing to split, the pain was minimal.

"Life's a b*tch and then you marry one. Then you divorce that b*tch and marry the right one!" Life's no longer a bitch and neither is my second wife. :tup:

In the last pic the GLOCK on the left was my 'duty' weapon while at the Sheriff's Dept. and the S&W Chief's Spec. is still my CCW today.

Man! When the sh%t hits the fan, I want to be near Gary!!! He's ready for anything, even some close quarter action with that bayonet!:tup:

Been there done that about 4 years ago. We sold the house, I packed my car and move from Indy to West Palm Beach, fl. I left everything behind but my clothes and few tools. I should have kept the dog, but the kids (hers) like him a lot.

I saw her one afterward... to sign the paperwork. Having her out of my life was priceless! I got remarried (I know, never learn...lol) but this time we are having a blast! I guess when it's with the right one... and she's 12 yo younger than me... and went up 2 cup size... LOL even better.

Sorry about the divorce. Glad your recovery is coming along.

Beautiful GLOCK. I've been considering a GLOCK or maybe a Beretta, but I can't decide what caliber. Since IL is too stupid to allow a concealed carry law, size isn't really a consideration. I figure a .40 or .45 is best for home protection, but the 9mm is cheap and fun to shoot. I'm really not that worried about home protection, so I'm leaning toward the 9mm just for the cheap ammo.

Now I know why Gary has a GoldWing. You can't fit those rifles on an FZ1 ;) Very nice collections. All I have at the moment is an old single shot 12 guage and a Ruger 10/22 in stainless with the white/black wooden stock.

I've been considering a GLOCK or maybe a Beretta, but I can't decide what caliber.

I love the Beretta. I think its the most beautiful gun out there (along with the 1911) Especially the stainles "Inox" model. I actually went to buy one today but they were all sold out sooooooo, instead of walking out empty heanded I ended up with a 9mm Springfield XD:tup: I am still going back for the Beretta when it comes in, though.

Divorced a little over a year now. 26 years so I got totally HOSED. Lost some good guns too, lived in a motel for 3 months and a 5th wheel for a little over 9 months.
Back in my own house finally, check out the pic of my room mate. :smoking:
Divoce has its up side for sure. I am enjoying life 100 times more now.

I'm in the minority among this generation. Michele and I have been together since Oct. 1986 and married since June 1991. We've had a couple of rough times but ONLY a couple. Seems there's not much we cannot settle over a cup of coffee. I wish everyone could have this sort of relationship. I'm sorry it doesn't work out for a lot of people and the pain of a divorce happens to you.

Michele is my second wife. I married a high school girl when I was young and it lasted only about a year. Young and dumb but with so little time together and nothing to split, the pain was minimal.

"Life's a b*tch and then you marry one. Then you divorce that b*tch and marry the right one!" Life's no longer a bitch and neither is my second wife. :tup:

Thats a story with some pain .... and and a very good ending. Thanks for sharing with us other divorced guys...

Interesting small carry gun - the Chief's Spec. I wonder how it compares in size and "carry-ability" with Smith's new 38 Special Airweight - 5 shot 2inch barrel - I believe composite frame. Would you have had the opportunity to compare?

If you don't mind me asking - how do you carry? Inside, outside holster - composite or well broken in leather?
I'm partial to revolver's myself. The simplicity and directness of them...

Back