Close Call With A Deer

It wouldn't have been pretty... It definitely calmed my riding down a bit for the remainder of the ride. Thats true, I'll just have to be extra cautious for animals going up there now.

I think you are taking my title as the rider to most worry about bad shit happening to.

Glad you calmed down and look forward you getting a track day in

For many of us riders contact with an errant deer is the biggest threat out there. I'm always on the alert but they can pop up anywhere.

I ride to work everyday at 530am and its my bigest fear, the road I take is closely bordered by cornfields and thick trees. Im constantly scaning for animals but a deer running at the wrong time could be unavoidable. I have hit a duck in the chest/neck at 50mph, sounds kinda funny but it knocked the wind out of me and kinda choked my neck. I'm fairly sure the duck survived, it was flailing on my tank and slid off.

Always look for the second one. I had a very similar experience but mine was a bit closer. I had to stop and sat on the side of the road for a while before I could proceed. It really does "wake you up". :rmwl:

I think you are taking my title as the rider to most worry about bad shit happening to.

Glad you calmed down and look forward you getting a track day in

Sky no need to worry about me. I never ride outside of my comfort zone.. the only problem is my comfort zone keeps getting faster... today I was really thinking about how I've been getting to a point where I can't really get faster on the street without being dangerous. I definitely realized that I need to calm my riding down and start hitting the track.

Back