Choke stuck; problem solved but wondering why

A few months a go I serviced my EXUP. Not long after I started getting the 7k tach error. I loosened one of the cables and the error went away but came back periodically. I was too lazy to get down there and do it again.

Last week I noticed my choke was frozen. I check and made sure the cable was binding anywhere and the slide worked on the carbs. I lubed the cable. Still no worky.

Last weekend the error came back. I suspected it was the other cable that was too tight (took me a minute to figure out that I was tightening cables I thought I was loosening) so Cruzman loosened another one of them--i don't remember which. 7k error went away and choke started working again. I will be servicing the Exup again to make sure it's lined up right with my new understanding of the difference between tightening and loosing cables.

I'm happy, but why?

That reminds me that I also haven't used my choke in quite a while. I guess I may as well lube up all my cables this weekend. They are saying that someone is throwing the switch starting tomorrow here in NY. After a week of high 80 degree temps, we will only have highs near 70 degrees for the next four or five days with temps at night in the upper 40's. Just wonderful! Another year without Fall. Looks like we're going straight from Summer to Winter again! :surrender:

That reminds me that I also haven't used my choke in quite a while. I guess I may as well lube up all my cables this weekend. They are saying that someone is throwing the switch starting tomorrow here in NY. After a week of high 80 degree temps, we will only have highs near 70 degrees for the next four or five days with temps at night in the upper 40's. Just wonderful! Another year without Fall. Looks like we're going straight from Summer to Winter again! :surrender:

That's not Winter weather! You should know that! You aren't in TX, that might be Winter to them.
That IS Fall! Shorter days, cooler nights. Enjoy it...

We went from 80's on Tuesday, to mid 50's yesterday and today...got nearly 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours! Glad I got out yesterday in the morning before the rains came!

That's not Winter weather! You should know that! You aren't in TX, that might be Winter to them.
That IS Fall! Shorter days, cooler nights. Enjoy it...

We went from 80's on Tuesday, to mid 50's yesterday and today...got nearly 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours! Glad I got out yesterday in the morning before the rains came!

Low temps don't bother me at all. I hate Summer! Anything over 70 degrees is too hot for my taste. The problem is precipitation. I would be most happy living in a winter climate year round. What I don't want is snow! It seems that now we go right from Summer, straight to friggin snow on the ground. I ride until the temps are about the mid 30's. Once it snows though, my riding season is over until Spring. Here in NY, the roads get salted, effectively putting an end to my riding season.

Low temps don't bother me at all. I hate Summer! Anything over 70 degrees is too hot for my taste. The problem is precipitation. I would be most happy living in a winter climate year round. What I don't want is snow! It seems that now we go right from Summer, straight to friggin snow on the ground. I ride until the temps are about the mid 30's. Once it snows though, my riding season is over until Spring. Here in NY, the roads get salted, effectively putting an end to my riding season.
I'm with u billy summer sucks.Fall is my favorite season and once the first snow/salt hits I am done for the year

Well into fall temp's here, for the past week every morning has been 0 to -3 C, cool enough that I am oh soooo happy that I have heated grips. On the plus side it is preparing my body for the up coming snowmobiling season.
Billy that is a great pic, I would luv to have that bike in my garage.

riding

Well, here at 3600 f.t. in British Columbia it's 40 degrees this morning riding this afternoon. september is my favourite month of the year. I generally put the bike away mid October. I used to then look forward to the down-hill ski season. I have listened to the boss and daughter, they say I should just look at the snow.
I am going to tinker with the bike at end of season- adding a cruise control for my tingling right firefinger and the jet kit for the carbs at the same time.

Well, here at 3600 f.t. in British Columbia it's 40 degrees this morning riding this afternoon. september is my favourite month of the year. I generally put the bike away mid October. I used to then look forward to the down-hill ski season. I have listened to the boss and daughter, they say I should just look at the snow.
I am going to tinker with the bike at end of season- adding a cruise control for my tingling right firefinger and the jet kit for the carbs at the same time.

Thankfully, it doesn't get that cold so early where I live in BC. December-February are my least favourite months because riding is so miserable and treacherous. I'm just glad I'm not living away from the coastline where it really does get cold.

Back