Changing gear to an up-down configuration

Hi

Has anyone changed to an up-down configuration on the gear level (1st up, the rest is down)? Was this easy to do? Did you need any other parts like an R1 level?

I've been thinking of changing to this configuration before starting on the track days again this summer.

/AGM

I've read that someone was able to bend the shift rod to convert the stock rearets to GP shift, but it later ended up breaking from the stress. Unfortunately, there are only a couple of aftermarket rearsets that allow for GP shift (Lightech and Graves, I beleive) and they are both pricy.

I would like to make the change as well since my track bike is GP as was my last bike and I can't seem to get used to standard shift again.

Wow... With my simple mind I thought it was just to move the level on the gear shaft 180 degrees and adjust. And that the adjustment was the real hard job.

/AGM

Had to run out and check. I've never notice that the rod runs through the frame but the hole is quite large, so a custom modified rod and a nylon washer for stability might do the trick. How is it on the R1 with the same engine?

/AGM

Back