Careful Out There

Isleoman

Site Supporter
As the season gets going in North America just a reminder to take care and wear your gear.

I was waiting to take right on red in my truck at a traffic light yesterday morning. I noticed a rider on a HD across the intersection in the far right turn lane. He was over taking cars in the right travel lane that were moving slower after the light changed. One of the cars in the right travel lane decided to turn right as the bike was going past.

I wasn't able to finish my the "OH SHIT" reaction before the rider was airborne over the fender landing in the intersection. His bike continued on without him and struck a car waiting to cross the intersection on the other side of the road.

There were instantly 20 people coming to rider's assistance, The driver in the car was wandering around knowing he had done wrong. Injuries didn't appear to be life threatening and we were only a mile or two from two giant hospitals.

Thought about what happened all day and there was not much the rider could have done other than maybe hug the side of the road to stay as clear of the traffic lane as possible. It happened that fast.

Hence wear all the gear all the time. ATGATT.

#1 rule of riding, everyone is trying to hit you. Its served me well.

To add, once im in traffic or a generally unsafe amount of cars i do the regular scouting around and look at front tires.

Last edited:
Back