Cardo Scala

Etroze

Hey guys I've been doing some searching on a good wireless comm system. Just trying to get a grip on what the differences are and if there is anything wrong with build, fit, and finish. Thanks guys

I'm using the Scala Rider G4 and I like it. I have two units and the rider to passenger setup works great. The rider to rider works fine for the most part, but sometimes it takes a while to connect to each other. I like the Bluetooth connectivity for my phone and if you have a Bluetooth enabled GPS it's nice as well.

My wife and I use the Scala Q2 multiset. Great distance, batteries last about 6 - 7 SOLID hours. BT syncs to phone and some GPS units. If you have a Garmin Zumo, you can sync to that then sync the phone to the Garmin and it becomes your cell pass-through. Crystal clear until you get about 2k feet apart (line of sight, rider to rider) then it starts to get static noise. Low battery = less distance... Very durable! They still have my testimonial online from our Deal's Gap trip. Cardo Systems, Inc.

The G4 is quite an upgrade and a lot more money. But, it is supposed to have more distance, better battery life and can do conference mode with more than 1 rider. The Q2 is one-on-one only and to speak to (the only other set you can pair with) another rider, you have to manually switch back and forth. The other great feature of the G4 is voice commands which the Q2 doesn't have outside of answering an incoming phone call.

Last edited:
My BFF and I use the G4..it rocks. The rider to rider is good..but you do have to speak LOUDLY directly into the microphone to get it to connect, and I love the phone feature, I blue tooth it to my iPhone and jam to some tunes, or talk on the phone. And I'll add in my recent accident it flew off my helmet on impact and slid a ways...it still works great.

My girlfriend and I use the G4 headsets and we love them. We had a problem with her unit when we first got it and they replaced it for free without question. I bluetooth mine to my EVO 4G phone and play my music, take calls and use the Google Navigation that came with the phone, all through the G4 unit. With antenna up we get good distance.The sound quality is decent. Battery life is approx. 10 hours and doesn't take long to charge. The one thing I like the most is that it works my phones voice command function, so if I need to, I can make a phone call to any of my contacts without taking my hands off the bars.

Here is a link to another discussion about this headset: http://www.998cc.org/forum/product-reviews/7790-cardo-scala-rider-teamset.html

Last edited:
I use the Sena SMH-10 and absolutely love it. The longest I've been out with continuous use so far has been 6 hours, so I can't attest to how long it'll really last.

I love the jog dial, it takes a little bit more learning to figure out how to do command the device to do what you want it to, but its so much easier to use with any glove and I don't have to feel around for which button to hit.

With the stock speakers I'm able to hear the other person perfectly, while wearing earplugs and going 50 mph. Faster than that and it starts to get a little harder to hear, but I'm able to even at 75. I'm able to hear faster than that if I don't have earplugs, but then the wind bothers me too much.

I haven't paired it with the GPS yet, but it works amazing with my phone (both for placing/answering calls, and listening to music), and as an intercom to another user.

There's also the option to use your own earbuds, which I imagine would improve both sound quality and clarity, though this is an extra mounting purchase -- and I don't have a pair of good earbuds, so that's just sitting on my shelf right now.

My wife and I use the Scala Q2 multiset. Great distance, batteries last about 6 - 7 SOLID hours. BT syncs to phone and some GPS units. If you have a Garmin Zumo, you can sync to that then sync the phone to the Garmin and it becomes your cell pass-through. Crystal clear until you get about 2k feet apart (line of sight, rider to rider) then it starts to get static noise. Low battery = less distance... Very durable! They still have my testimonial online from our Deal's Gap trip. Cardo Systems, Inc.

The G4 is quite an upgrade and a lot more money. But, it is supposed to have more distance, better battery life and can do conference mode with more than 1 rider. The Q2 is one-on-one only and to speak to (the only other set you can pair with) another rider, you have to manually switch back and forth. The other great feature of the G4 is voice commands which the Q2 doesn't have outside of answering an incoming phone call.

+1..........................

Back