blocked ais, still popping on deceleration

That doesn't seem logical unless the hoses leaked. You are effectively doing the exact same thing whether you just plug it or use the plates.

I agree it does not " seem logical " My hoses all appeared to be tight and in great shape.
The only thing I could think of was that the approximately 20 inches of hose have enough air in them to still create some popping.
Blocking my hose at the airbox reduced popping about 70% and capping at the valve cover reduced 95% of the popping. I used 2 vacuum caps on the stock plates.
Some other people have had the same result.

Last edited:
I took the bike for a 50+ mile ride with the wife on back today and since I tightened up the slip on, the poping had been greatly reduced to almost gone. I did notice how ever, after riding on the hwy for a while and then slowing down to city speeds( 25-30 mph ) and holding a constant speed, the bike sort of, for lack of a better word, "sputtered" I am guessing this may be a side effect of the bike running lean because of the mods i have done so far? I have so much to learn...

Just took bike out tonight for quick ride after spending all winter doing mods- acis plates, airbox, ivans- pcv, fce, plates, socals exup eliminator, 2007 fz1 after quick ride I would say the popping is pretty much gone

I took the bike for a 50+ mile ride with the wife on back today and since I tightened up the slip on, the poping had been greatly reduced to almost gone. I did notice how ever, after riding on the hwy for a while and then slowing down to city speeds( 25-30 mph ) and holding a constant speed, the bike sort of, for lack of a better word, "sputtered" I am guessing this may be a side effect of the bike running lean because of the mods i have done so far? I have so much to learn...

The sputtering was probably a lean area just as you suspected. Having the airbox modded and no flies it probably has some very lean fueling in certain areas. Mostly at part throttle. Good to hear tightening the slip on helped with the popping.

Last edited:
Back