Bike appears to pull to right at speed

Utah06FZ1

I have a leaky front fork seal which I am waiting for parts to replace. At speed my bike seems to veer to the right. Not an overpowering force but feels like a small force in that direction. Can this attributed to the fork? I have no idea how much oil has escaped as I just have had the bike for a month and 4 small rides with maybe a tablespoon of fluid lost at the most. Of course I know it could have been the section of freeway as well. I should add this is not happening at acceleration this is at a steady speed.

Last edited:
I have a leaky front fork seal which I am waiting for parts to replace. At speed my bike seems to veer to the right. Not an overpowering force but feels like a small force in that direction. Can this attributed to the fork? I have no idea how much oil has escaped as I just have had the bike for a month and 4 small rides with maybe a tablespoon of fluid lost at the most. Of course I know it could have been the section of freeway as well. I should add this is not happening at acceleration this is at a steady speed.

Hard to say, but having one fork low on oil certainly doesn't help with directional stability. And yes a lot of times the crown on the road (or ruts) can cause the bike to veer to one side.

I would also check the back wheel for proper alignment. Make sure the wheel is centered and that the adjustment marks on the axle blocks are in the same spot on both sides.

It's not the forks. How many miles on your current front tire?

X2 on the front tire. And X2 on the alignment of the back tire as well, except I wouldn't go by the marks, I'd use a micrometer. Those lines can be very different. I dunno about the forks, maybe measure how much tube is showing on each side? See if they are even? What about checking the attachment points as well, make sure a fork hasn't come loose and slipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the forks. How many miles on your current front tire?

Under 500 miles on the tire. The section of freeway I was on was a cement section I don't normally travel on. I have not noticed it any where else. The only mitigating factor would be the rate of speed as was driving at. I wouldn't go that fast anywhere around town.

I think that it may be a combination of the road camber and the tire. It doesn't happen under acceleration because the the front wheel is lightly loaded under acceleration.

Back